Creative help for an enthusiast!

Hey creative Jeep enthusiasts, I have a question! We have a 2014 JK, and a 19yr old with severe CP who LOVES the jeep. The problem is, his body just cannot be comfortable in it for long. In his wheelchair we have a custom molded seat which he can be in all day, and it would be a dream to get this seat situated in our jeep. He rides in his wheelchair in our accessible van, and his wheelchair is essentially just a platform that has hooks for straps that bolt to the floor. It stands to reason if we replaced one of the seats (we replaced the bench seat with master craft seats to attempt to make it better) with a similar platform, we could just transfer him seat and everything right into the space.
The things that would take this mod to "11" :
If the platform could slide out of the jeep on lockable rails. Then we could put a lift sling underneath of the molded seat and move the seat and person together and then slide back into place.
If the platform could tilt in space. (now I am just grasping at dreams). As in, if the whole thing once locked in place could be reclined.
Again, all we REALLY need is a platform bolted to the floor or frame that we have the master craft seats on, but Jeep enthusiasts are so creative I thought we would ask!
Any ideas are welcome for sure!
Ethan and Danielle

Attachments

• 66442150_10219927236750150_68352811082973184_n.jpg
    66442150_10219927236750150_68352811082973184_n.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2734.jpeg
    IMG_2734.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2736.jpeg
    IMG_2736.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

There are many fabricators here and in the jeep community. I’ m not a fabricator. But I love the enthusiasm.

Front seat or back?

2door or 4 dr

Have you looked into BLVD.com?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
What if you took the backseat out. Have a hydraulic lift platform attached to your back bumper. Roll on , raise up, roll on in.

Anouther Idea. NO hydraulics, just a 2 stage fold down ramp atteched to your back bumper. Head room ,ok that is an issue with a hard top, so. This well cost you a few bucks, get a soft top that is high enough for him and his motor chair. It's summer time comen up.

Now I seen this guy in a wheelchair going to his jeep and loading himself in. His canvas roof was raised to fit him. It was so cool.

There is a guy in NY or Fla that makes aftermarket tops. He calls them safari tops. Im sure he’d have top ideas. Ill post back when i find him.

GR8TOPS – Jeep half hardtops expert

Not sure if its the same but a user jscherb is a custom top builder.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

Great ideas, just a little more info, Ethan's chair isn't a power chair, and the molded seat comes out easily. What I really need is a platform that can be mounted directly to a bracket like this one-

We replaced the back seat with MasterCraft seats a few years ago so that we could put in a 5 point harness system to help hold him up. His molded seat has it's own harness system.

Maybe I need to just talk to a welder/ auto shop person?

Danielle

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.22.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 9.22.28 AM.png
    273.8 KB · Views: 23
Back