just got me a K&N Air filter

Jeepster05

I just went out and bought a $40 K&N filter from pep boys. That thing is massive its like 4-5inches tall. seems to have temporarily solved my carb problem. Thought it was time to put something top of the line on my jeep instead of always getting generic crap. [addsig]

My jeep ran like crap,had no power,put on a new air filter and,"bam",its fixxed. :wink:[addsig]

It is crazy what a little air can do for an engins preformace aint it? I just have a stock air box with the K&N and it made such a difference. Tug[addsig]

say..is there a way to get rid of that airbox and have the intake someplace else so i can use that airbox spot for my future air locker compressor? like sittin with the filter on top of the engine like? help help[addsig]

LGR, you can use an after market cold air intake tube. Not sure what your wheelin' But if it is a YJ, The turbo city intake is on the cheaper side of the market, and moves the tube from the drivers side to the passengers side, freeing up that space!

Johnny[addsig]

if its gonna be "cold air" MAKE SURE its COLD AIR... i hear too many times from the ricers "dude i gawt this tyte ass cold air intake, it adds like twinny horsepawer" and it draws WARM underhood air... but yes... there are MANY MANY options you can go with for an aftermarket intake.. get creative, they are easy to make[addsig]

yeah..Mmm..cold air 'eh? so long as that airbox space can be used by my compressor. are there any "rules" about moving the intake?[addsig]

Not sure about NJ but here in CA it wont pass if it has been altered from factory specs. unless the mods. are "carb" approved. Carb is some money sucking goverment program out here. :-x [addsig]

in most parts, there are no rules at all... only a few strict areas have rules... i've seen the craziest of setups[addsig]

Back