Help! Barn find '59 Willys w/ Koenig cab & plow

kurtedmund

Hi there! I'm new to the forum, wondering if you folks could help me out. My dad passed away last year, and I'm cleaning out our family's barn and we have a 1959 Willy's Jeep with a Koenig cab and a plow. I'd like to sell it but don't know where to start. I used our tractor to drag it out into the daylight last night for the first time in probably 40 years! Our family has a small driving range and mini golf and my grandpa used to use this to snowplow our property. I'm 42 and haven't seen it outside the barn since I was born.

I'm going to have a mechanic friend look at it to see if it turns over, but I'm wondering how to go about pricing and selling it. Is it rare or pretty run of the mill? Any ideas on value? I have a lot more specific pictures if needed. Body is pretty rusty, chassis seems okay though.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Kurt

Attachments

• IMG_5609.jpg
    IMG_5609.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5614.jpg
    IMG_5614.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5616.jpg
    IMG_5616.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5597.jpg
    IMG_5597.jpg
    277.9 KB · Views: 19

Help! Barn find '59 Willys w/ Koenig cab & plow

That is an awesome find.
No clue on valuing the vehicle.

Id look for an expert that deals in automotive antiques.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

IMO the rust isn't that bad. What your mechanic determines will affect the price. A running vehicle always brings a higher price than a non running one .... not that it's always worth the money/effort to get it running. Like JPN I have no idea of it's value - but it's a neat looking jeep!

Back