Awnings

Randun

I'm thinking about getting an awning. Do any of you have one on your rigs? If so, what are the pros and cons of having an awning that is mounted to your vehicle at all times?

Thank you all so much for your time and your help!

Never had one but mpg will go down with more weight and air resistance. As bad as a jeep aerodynamics is, it gets worse by adding a light bar.

I use a cheap tarp. Next to that the 10x10 foldable canopy you could get as cheap as $50.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Nope. I laugh at the folks with all the junk tied to their Jeep. Not my cup of tea.

A temporary tarp awning might make some sense. Attatch one end to the Jeep and the other to a tree or pole for quick temporary shade.

But mounted? Not for me.

Last edited:
Never had one but mpg will go down with more weight and air resistance. As bad as a jeep aerodynamics is, it gets worse by adding a light bar.

I use a cheap tarp. Next to that the 10x10 foldable canopy you could get as cheap as $50.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Very true.

Thank you so much for your time and your help!

Nope. I laugh at the folks with all the junk tied to their Jeep. Not my cup of tea.

A temporary tarp awning might make some sense. Attatch one end to the Jeep and the other to a tree or pole for quick temporary shade.

But mounted? Not for me.

Thank you so much for your opinion!

Back