some people have been members on this site a loooong time

superj

i was in the member list and i changed the join date to being in order by oldest to newest. a bunch of people have a join date of 1970. that's crazy, ha ha ha. before the internet was around they were all meeting at the local pub and talking jeeps

i kind of bet its a glitch though

1970 isn't too far from my first view of a computer - man from uncle - computer took up an entire wall. I always wondered how much was true and how much just hollywood.

Image1644663633.531819.jpg

Image1644663724.321132.jpg

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

I've been here a while but 1970 was 14 years before I even got my first car and 33 years before my first jeep!

Allow me to geek out...

Most computers will store dates as what they call a timestamp. The (unix) timestamp is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970.
As far as the Jeepz.com server cares, the current time is 1644861561, or formatted for us squishy meat bags, 1,644,861,561 seconds since Jan 1 1970.

We've switched software a few times, and I suspect that 1970 date came from our original software that didn't track things like signup date, so it said "hey, imma just put the default date in for this guy".

I will agree however, we are all getting very old.

I will agree however, we are all getting very old.

Who said that? You reading things?

Jeep issues keep us relevant and burn synapse thus allowing individuals to keep information far beyond recognizing….
Why was i typing this?

i figured it was something with the programming. but dang, thats a lot of seconds to keep track of. imagine counting and getting to 1,644,861,561 and than someone else starts saying a bunch of random numbers to mess you up and you have to start again.

my dad bought our first computer in the early 80s, like 82 or 83. it was a commodore 32 or something. i was in kindergarten or first grade and remember playing on it. my guy was a stick that could lean to around 45 degrees and it shot dots at lines that went across the top of hte screen. i guess it was the original version of call of duty, ha ha ha

my dad bought our first computer in the early 80s, like 82 or 83. it was a commodore 32 or something. i was in kindergarten or first grade and remember playing on it. my guy was a stick that could lean to around 45 degrees and it shot dots at lines that went across the top of hte screen. i guess it was the original version of call of duty, ha ha ha

My first computer was a VIC 20, but then we upgraded to a Commodore 128, and I was hot stuff! I loved that thing. I remember feeding it like 5 or 6 floppy disks each time I wanted to load a new game.

Timex Sinclair 1000 with 16k memory pack
HS had TRS 80s. Low budget school.
Also had Radio Shack pong
Most were hand me downs or shared with family

Back