New shocks... new Jeep?!?

Jagered

Holy fukking Jeep batman!?!
I just put Ranchos stock height shocks on my 2016... let me say that again, MY 2016?!?!

6 year old Jeep and these things make a HUGE difference?!? OMG... who da thunk these things would have been trashed on a 6 year old Jeep?! DAYUM!

Seriously tho... it was like night and day (not really but sort of close). Didn't flop all over going around a turn... felt higher... definitely stiffer.

Such a cheap upgrade to make you love your Jeep all that much more! Now if ya got a jacked Jeep, can't help ya there be a use your spending some benjamins there!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

My 2010 JK is my 2nd jeep [bought new] and I'm convinced that Chrysler uses the cheapest parts possible when they assemble the jeeps. I had to replace the rear break pads before 50k, and 3 calipers before 65k. Skid plates need to be removed, rust ground down and primed/painted. Even so, I doubt there is a more capable stock 4x4 on the market than a jeep.

I hear you there... I even found out the stock setup on the stabilizer WAS WRONG!!!! I verified the new and old fully compressed and fully extended lengths... the stock one was installed almost an inch too far, putting unnecessary force on the stabilizer at it's fully extended position?!?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Shocks only last 30-50 k miles depending on the road condition and type of driving.
They come with a 1 yr warranty.

Owners manual has inspection interval every 20k miles.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

@JPNinPA yup... new to me '16 and assuming the previous owner ran it and ran it and ran it?! 98k when I got it and very little was done to it other than oil changes and brakes it seems.
Hoping this to be my last financed vehicle so trying to take care of it properly.
Still got that 'knock' or 'clunck' sound that the dealer had no idea and could not find the source, but the did charge me $2100 for new ball joints and a front hub gladly (oil change included also)! smdh
... that's gonna be my warm weather project, determine what the effing noise is!

Back