Mismatched paint? [emoji848]

Jagered

If you zoom in, the left side is the driver's side front door... WTH?!?

Carfax showed a minor front end collision and explains the mismatched bumpers (front metal, rear factory plastic) and nothing else was on the claim... replacement door maybe before I got it? How could the factory black not match?!?
It only looks like the back 1/2 is that way as the front where the hinges are match.

Well past warranty but this should not be happening?!? 20220501_094256.jpeg

Sent from my SM-S906U using Jeepz.com mobile app

Jeep is known for uneven thin paint. Maybe it was buffed through?
Is the paint checking?

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
No cracking... it's just messed up like it's fading or something and only there, I didn't notice it any where else.

I'm gonna make a dealer visit this week to just bring it up. Not sure if I could get in some kind of warranty claim since it's a '16, but paint should NOT be doing that after just 6 years!!!

Carfax only picks up what is reported. Many body shops don't report and there may have been no insurance claim. So it might not be a Jeep problem, but a repair problem.

unfortunately paint is not made the same as it was back in the older days. it seems like its made more environmentally friendly, which makes it not last like it used to. i know my 2017 titan had to get the top of the cab repainted because the paint had cracked and there was corrosion. it spend three or four weeks at nissan's shop getting redone though and i cannot even tell its been repainted.

nissan has 5 year 100k mile on their full size truck, bumper to bumper. i have tested it out too with a new engine, gas tank, repainting the top and they covered everything with no questions and gave me a nice loaner vehicle every time. i wish all manufacturers did that

unfortunately paint is not made the same as it was back in the older days. it seems like its made more environmentally friendly, which makes it not last like it used to. i know my 2017 titan had to get the top of the cab repainted because the paint had cracked and there was corrosion. it spend three or four weeks at nissan's shop getting redone though and i cannot even tell its been repainted.

nissan has 5 year 100k mile on their full size truck, bumper to bumper. i have tested it out too with a new engine, gas tank, repainting the top and they covered everything with no questions and gave me a nice loaner vehicle every time. i wish all manufacturers did that

Back