Worst carb I have ever seen

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoy fixing old throwaway lawn mowers, so often grab them off the side of the road to tinker on. I found a nice Troy-Bilt mower that looks good it would start and run for a second and then die. I took the carb off and saw this.

IMG_20220721_191847821.jpeg

IMG_20220721_191855918.jpeg

IMG_20220721_191900240.jpeg

IMG_20220721_191911389_HDR.jpeg

IMG_20220721_191918898.jpeg

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app

Yep force carb and choke cleaner through it. Does the float, float? Does the needle stop the flow? Rebuild kit $$14

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

wow, they must have let some really corrosive fuel sit in that carb, it ate up the bowl and the bottom of the mount tube.

are you going to get a ball wire brush and put it in the drill to get all the junk out or just get another carb? the rest of the carb looks ok.

i like rebuilding carbs. i used to go to the junkyard and find odd carbs just to take apart and rebuild. down draft, side draft, up draft, one through four barrel, anything, i like rebuilding carbs.

most people hate chevy quadrajet carbs but if you actually know how to set them, they are great for daily and off road use. i rebuilt the original quadrajet on my 79 chevy with the 350 v8 and got it to get 14mpg on the highway. it was a 79 chevy heavy half with the stepside short bed, 350 v8 and an automatic transmission. rebuilding that carb and tuning it properly with a vacuum gage made it feel like a new truck.

Is it junk or will you be able to clean it?

If you like watching videos of people doing that kinda stuff, I really like this youtube channel - Mustie1 - YouTube. He fixes up cars too but a lot of his videos are of stuff he finds on the side of the road and fixes.

I watch Mustie1 quite a bit! He's really good.

The old carb bowl would also leak fluid, the gasket around the bowl was shriveled up, as well as the one at the bottom. I ended up buying a new carb off ebay that came with an air cleaner and sparkplug as well. It didn't fit 100%, but well enough to work. Got it back up and running in about 20 minutes.

I now have three lawn mowers and my wife is starting to ask questions.

There is a house on the way to my son's place that almost always has 1-3 mowers setting in the driveway with a for sale sign. I've never stopped so I don't know anything about them but if you get too many - selling the extras would put a little extra jingle in your pocket.

“My money don’t Jingle! Jingle! It folds. ….”

You'd like to see my mower wiggle wiggle for sure.

Carb going to dribble dribble you know.

I enjoy fixing old throwaway lawn mowers, so often grab them off the side of the road to tinker on. I found a nice Troy-Bilt mower that looks good it would start and run for a second and then die. I took the carb off and saw this.

View attachment 25090

View attachment 25091

View attachment 25092

View attachment 25093

View attachment 25094

Sent from my moto g stylus using Jeepz.com mobile app
Everything is well explained, in a fairly common language. Also happens when I need to write something for college, I use [URL="http://essaypapers.reviews/"][url]http://essaypapers.reviews/ [/URL][/URL]for this. The best way for me to solve the problem is without applying force. So thank you.
woooow

Last edited:
Back