1987 Jeep Wagoneer - Rarity and Value?

CoryGuy

Hi all!

Recently I posted a thread asking for help fixing up a 1987 Jeep Wagoneer that someone sold to me for $300.

I've been told this is a "rare" build of Jeep. Given the circumstances of where I acquired this, I'd like to learn more about it.

Here is the thread I posted here a couple weeks ago.

I've been reading that the Jeep I found in it's current condition can sell for $8,000-$10,000 in fair condition. I don't want to spread false information if this isn't true. I learned that my Jeep also has 63,000 original miles on it.

I'm wanting to learn more about this because I acquired this from a car restoration shop. I don't want to ruin it or make repairing it harder if it is actually worth fixing up and selling to someone who really wants it - because I was planning on filling it with foam, bondo, and undercoat (aka chip-guard).

Thanks for any and all input. If anyone has info on how to acquire wood decals on a budget by the way, I'd LOVE to hear it!

i AM SURE THE CAR RESTORATION SHOP DID THERE HOME WORK ON IT. iS IT A CLEAR TITLE OR A JUNK TITLE TO THE JEEP ?

i would say you just fix it however works for you. yes, its a super rare jeep but that doesn't mean people will actually pay more than any other jeep for it. other than the front end, it is a luxuriously loaded xj and there are tons of them on the road. the front end is the part that makes it so rare and is the part that is worth more.

but the interior is very awesome too and you will find people who will pay a bit for those parts too.

as far as the wood grain appliques on the side, i have no idea where to get those

Back