Merry christmas to all

Santa hooked me up this year with a Dewalt 20v cordless ratchet.

It's too cold to try it out right now, but I'm pretty excited

index.jpg

Hope y'all had a great Christmas!

We had to more/less cancel it this yr. I've got covid so none of the kids could come over plus with days of single digit temps our water froze and our heat pump quit pumping warm air. Thank God for our woodstove.

One of the neater presents I got was a T-shirt with a 1951 F1 Ford same color as the one I have in the barn.

We had to more/less cancel it this yr. I've got covid so none of the kids could come over plus with days of single digit temps our water froze and our heat pump quit pumping warm air. Thank God for our woodstove.

Man, that's harsh. Covid with no heat. Hope things pick up over there.

Hope y'all had a great Christmas!

One of the neater presents I got was a T-shirt with a 1951 F1 Ford same color as the one I have in the barn.

Merry Chriatmas,Happy new year. Ill always have a woodstove ,even if I dont use it. Which I do cause I love the heat from it. I cannt understand the thinking of folks that get rid of there woodstove for electric or whatever.

I prefer wood heat over a heat pump [but my wife doesn't] If you get chilled to the bone a heat pump won't warm you up but stand next to a wood stove for a few minutes and you'll get thawed out. I've been relying more on the heat pump the last few yrs and don't have the supply of firewood I used to have ..... but with 16 acres of wood I'm sure I can find some dead trees if I start to run out. Repair man is coming saturday.

If you burn wood. make sure that chimney is clean. I clean mine again In febuary, stay on top of that one.

Our heat pump went back to working after it warmed up some. Repair man never showed up [or called] Back when wood was our main source of heat I cleaned the flue once a month during the winter. I intend to clean it again as soon as I get to feeling better. Can't believe the after effects of covid can last this long. Took 8 days for our underground water pipes to thaw out.

Our heat pump went back to working after it warmed up some. Repair man never showed up [or called] Back when wood was our main source of heat I cleaned the flue once a month during the winter. I intend to clean it again as soon as I get to feeling better. Can't believe the after effects of covid can last this long. Took 8 days for our underground water pipes to thaw out.

Your water pipes had COVID? And it caused them to freeze.

Older heat pumps are efficient down to 32 deg then efficiency drops quickly. Newer are good down to 20 deg. Ill see if I could find the charts. That is why they usually have emergency backup of electric or gas. Depending on where you live and size and loss and…of course.

Image1673922548.571595.jpg
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

As much as I don't want to admit it, my heat pump is nearing the end of it's life - it's in the neighborhood of 15 yrs old. Used to it never struggled until the temps got into the teens but now it struggles under 35°. Yrs ago I disconnected the heat strips as it's cheaper that way especially since my wife likes to play with the thermostat. ...... and gives me an excuse to put a fire in the stove when it gets real cold.

Where I live electric and wood are the only viable options. My biggest complaint with heat pumps is if you get chilled to the bone it won't warm you up when you come inside. They put out warm air and not hot like gas or other fuels.

Back