TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
My buddy that I go offroading with has been on me to get a new CB for sometime now. I finally broke down and bought a new Midland 75-822. It's pretty slick, you can slide on a battery pack, and it becomes hand held, or you can hard wire it in your Jeep and it becomes a more traditional CB.

I've found that cellphones are useless in the woods, and a walkie talkie is really only good for two Jeeps. I'm hoping that this guy will have some good range on it.

cb-radio.jpg

It has two battery compartments (both detachable), one for rechargeable and one for regular batteries.

Attachments

• IMG_20230324_143229291.jpeg
    IMG_20230324_143229291.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230324_143201266.jpeg
    IMG_20230324_143201266.jpeg
    61.4 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I have the old Wilson version. Line of site 5 mi.
You have to keep the antenna outside to keep good contact. So i had a 2.5 ft ngp antenna mounted for that radio.

But for the jeep less than 1/10 mile ahead. It works as is out of the box.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

You might want to look into an external antenna. You could do a mounted antenna on the rear of the Jeep or a magnetic mount antenna on the hood. The hood acts as a groundplane and substantially improves the radios reception.

I always wanted to try those handheld but always found good deals on regular CBs.

You might want to look into an external antenna. You could do a mounted antenna on the rear of the Jeep or a magnetic mount antenna on the hood. The hood acts as a groundplane and substantially improves the radios reception.

Huh, Thanks.

Back