the blue angels

superj

those guys are tearing i up overhead this week. they fly in south texas every year, either here in corpus, or in kingsville, which is like 45 minutes from me. when they fly in corpus, i get to watch them all week from my driveway since i live .5 miles from the navy base. its cool since my parents used to take us, every once in a while, as kids, to the different air shows around the country, depending on where we lived at the time.

my favorite air shows were the ones in socal where the sr71 was being shown. that was a cool looking plane

In the early '80s, the SR71 would come to the air show at Norton Air Force Base. The entire San Bernardino Valley would rumble when she few in, and roar when she took off even nowhere near full military power. It was amazing!

On the ground, they kept the Blackbird cordoned off about 30 yards all around and under guard. It was a beautiful plane.

Last one I saw was at the March AFB museum and one could walk right up to it. I'm glad that the Cold War is over, but can't help but think the Country is underspending on military technology like the Blackbird. I had I hopes for the Space Force...maybe that will get revived someday.

Enjoy the Blue Angle fly overs...that is the sound of freedom.

The last time i saw the sr71 fly was at march. And when parked it had the ropes around it, about 30 yards off. Funny its the same base and set up. I lived in riverside and corona in the mid 80s and early 90s.

Unfortunately, we are understrengthed for what our adversaries have and we have a less than desireable leader. It could go very bad if someone decided to attack us.

You do know the Air Force split into Space Force and Air Force.
Im not in tune with all they are doing but it happened back in Dec 2019

Those planes are Awesome. I live near Dayton now and visit the AF Museum from time to time.
I grew up in NEPA the Pocono region where the AVP held airshows. And we would sit on a sidehill that overlooked the airport from a mile away. The Blue angels would fly inverted over us waving.
Coolest thing.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

I think it's been 50 yrs since I've seen the blue angels but remember how awesome it was to watch them. You could tune in your radio to get a narrative of what they were doing ...... providing they weren't directly overhead.

i knew they split the air force and space force but i don't know much about the space force. they took some of our engineering guys to austin to help work on stuff because my ex-brother-in-law went. what he is doing now though, no idea.

i knew they split the air force and space force but i don't know much about the space force. they took some of our engineering guys to austin to help work on stuff because my ex-brother-in-law went. what he is doing now though, no idea.

You know space is a vacuum. so maybe thats why you don?t hear anything about what they are doing.

Bwahahahaha!

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

as long as space junk dont fall on my tomatoes Im ok.

Back