Jeep waving RULES>>>

jhiggins

Rule 1:
If you are a driver or passenger in a Jeep vehicle, and you come in contact with another occupied Jeep vehicle you should wave. If the vehicle is not occupied, the wave is optional.

Rule 2:
Be the first to wave. Don't wait, just wave.

Rule 3:
Be forgiving. Sometimes the occupants of the Jeep receiving the wave are not paying attention, distracted, or are paying attention to driving. We all know how you can get lost in the euphoria of driving a Jeep and forget about the outside world.

Rule 4:
Wave vigourously. When cruising at 55mph towards a vehicle going 55mph it is sometimes difficult to see the 'over the steering wheel' wave. Get that hand out and make it seen!

Rule 5:
When you are the recipient of a wave, return the wave.

Rule 6:
Sometimes Jeep owners forget they are not in their Jeep and wave by habit. When occupants of non-Jeep vehicles wave, returning the wave is optional, but usually a good idea.
:-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O [addsig]

LMAO what you sayin' FAR RIGHT ??? Just thought I would
make it easy for a few people.... :-D [addsig]

No he's not bored, just tempting me to post a project,
he know's of, before I'm ready... ;-)

You'll see the Wave soon.
When we welcome back,
the 'boys' wheelin in Tennessee.

How's that for a TeXas Tease.:-D

Post Sunday Intel, J.
I got the lift today,, ready to install?
AFTER we run the Creek/Forest Sunday?

[addsig]

Now you scrambling up that hill..
Drive ON!!!! Always Rock never Roll.[addsig]

Now that we know we are suppossed to wave we need to look into the type of wave.

now we have a few diffent types of waves...LOL

First there is what is called the barbie wave or parade queen wave where the hand is rotated around the axis of the wrist...15-to 20 degrees max

Second we have the frantic hand wave where you just shake it like a spaz...hummm nope this wont do your fellow jeeper might think you a spaz and just ignore you...

Third we have the macho man wave where the man in question opens his hand and makes a sort of swish gesture (like the nikie swoosh)

ok ok I dont think any of these will work here...I think we should do a modified barbie.
With your arm hanging out the door(yes in the lower posion for those with half doors) you open your hand up and rotate your hand around your wrist with a 10-15 degree max movment (dont want to be concidered a parade queen here lol) and make eye contact. Yes eye contact...let your fellow jeepsters know you appriciate there ride even if its only a street jeep.

And yes I have wayyyy too much time on my hands[addsig]

LMAO I guess we both have to much time on our hands
Utah_jeepster lol that is great.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

Could i get a diagram of the 15 to 20 degree wave.. Nothing worst then doing it wrong and getting the one finger wave back. And next time I hope
they wave with all there fingers.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OlllllO

:cool: [addsig]

I find myself doing #6 all the time when I'm in other cars. Its just a hard habit to break, which is probably a good thing.

TARSI[addsig]

Rule 7: If you don't wave were gonna rip off your waving arm and beat you with it :lol: [addsig]

Waving at other Jeeps while in a non Jeep car is funny. I find myself doing that, and it makes me want to be driving my Jeep instead of whatever I am driving. I just came back from a trip across texas, and I saw so many great looking Jeeps, but unfortanetely I was not in mine, so I felt left out. Oh well. I guess I better drive my Jeep more!-Al[addsig]

I wave to all jeeps here at home! OK now that really freaks many jeeps that have not a clue out. Now that we are going everywhere in a pack of three or more, most of us modified and all of us trail worthy and dirty all waven like fools we really have the Jeep Owners worried. The Jeepers all wave back. It is so much fun to have Jeepz.com Brothers here! tug[addsig]

You tell them TUG !!! I came back from wheeling on
sunday and my rig was dirty I had jeeps trying to
catch up to me to wave and then I had about 3 ride
behind me for about 20 min.... :-D [addsig]

lol when ever your in a jeep troop and your riding to your ride you can always know a fellow jeepster will want to join the line...lol
We had 23 jeeps heading south on I-15 towards mineral basin and picked up 2 more on the road who just wanted to be in line with us for the drive.
We are a select community of brothers and sisters who share the same passion in life.
[addsig]

Grandma used to say,
Aye laddie, some are just cut of the same plaid. (cloth)

I didn't realize then, she was speaking of the Jeepers
I would meet later.

NICE RIG UTAH. Nice to see it.

[addsig]

You got to be careful though, every now and then you see a pretty girl driving a jeep, and they rarely wave back. So if your just waving and looking like an idiot.. its bad news. Me i go for the cool approach, like, real non-chalant like you lift your fingers from the grip on the steering wheel (you know the best way to drive a jeep is with your left hand gripping the top of the wheel and your right resting on the stick) and press them up in an open palm formation with the wrist sitting upon the wheel. You hold and as the other jeep passes, you do a little nod type deal. This has always worked for me, and if the pretty girl doesnt wave back.... well at least you dont look like your having a seizure. Gotta be..... suave...[addsig]

Back