1977 CJ7

dustybeachroad

Hi Everyone,
New here and love what I see so far!!! Hope this is the begining of a beautiful friendship! As you can see from above, my jeep story is a long one so I'll make it as brief as possible. The CJ was bought brand new by my brother. Due to financial restraints, it was put up on blocks and has been in my garage since about 1983 where it remains. Before he passed away in 1992 he said, "If anything ever happens to me- it's your Jeep." I know alot of time has gone by but I just couldn't bring myself to dealing with it. Well, now I'm ready to restore it to it's former glory and was wondering if anyone out there knows of anyone who restores Jeeps in Ct.? It's in great shape but I know it needs some work. I want it to look just like the day he drove it up the driveway.
I've been all over the internet and all I see is do-it-youself sites. Please feel free to get back to me... I can't wait to get started. Thanks for reading and any help is much appreciated.
dustybeachroad[addsig]

Hey,welcome to the board.You've definitely come to the right place.Wow,what a lucky guy you are to have a jeep that is in that kind of shape!!!Its not very often people have there jeeps garage kept for 20 years.I'll bet its a great jeep.Whats the millage on that baby??? Sully[addsig]

i dont know places to have it restored, but i would suggest that you might want to try it your self.... being stored for 20 years it cant be in too bad of a condition, maybe a little rust here or there.... i would take the heads off the engine and spray marvels mystery oil down the cyls, and change all the fluids, and plugs, and wires, before you try to drive it, and who knows it may run like a champ.... i would love to have specs on it what you get back to us (engine, transmission, miles, ect)[addsig]

Back