Sad but true....

nanaeight

Just got some terrible news from a hockey buddy of mine. HE'S SELLIN' HIS JEEP!!! :-( Of course, the next question outta my mouth was "Why"?@! He said "Cuz I gotta kid on the way and the wife doesn't think the Jeep will be able to hold him (or her)". :-O

Need your help ya'll. I have a Jeep and a 3 year old daughter and I can say (and my wife will vouch for it) that kids (little AND big) LOVE Jeeps. My 4 year old niece thinks I'm the coolest uncle in the world cause I drive a Jeep and her old man (my Bro) drives a mini-van :-D ! So if there are any Jeepers in the audience tonight with kids who can second my "kids love Jeeps no matter how old they are" theory then stand up and be counted. I've gotta save this poor soul...... ;-) [addsig]

You're a good man, for helping your friend..

He can tell his wife, that My 5 year old
'little girl' not only loves "Pa Pa's Rig"
But runs it on the trail herself, any
chance she gets.

image-missing.png

You can see the smile on her face. :-D [addsig]

Hey, I just turned 18 six days ago, so untill that point technicaly i still was a kid when i got my jeep. And for what its worth... as a kid... i really like the jeep ;)[addsig]

i'm 20 now, but i remember the day we spent at the dealership (i was 10 or 11). my parents were considering either the jeep or a minivan. i really liked the jeep, and thought it was so cool. later that night we were driving home in the jeep :-D . after i got my license, i didn't get the jeep, i got shafted with the other car ('95 toyota corolla). then the corolla had a lil mishap..ok big mishap under the hood, a fire which rendered it totaled. then i inherited the jeep :-D . i was psyched i finally got to drive the jeep, after 9 years of admiration :) . in conclusion, kids definitely think jeeps are cool. he should keep the jeep!![addsig]

I have passed a many of mini van only to have the kids inside looking pointing and waveing at the jeep. Would love to think it just me and my wonderfull self but never happens in the turck or car just the jeep. Kids love jeeps no matter how old they are. tug[addsig]

Hey me and my wife both have jeeps. Just because they are having babies doesn't mean you have to give up your jeep, it just means you have to get a bigger one. I got mine a 2003 Cherokee, and I have the TJ. So we get the best of both worlds. She has her Mom's Taxi, and I have the toy.. It's a great thing..
Good luck with helping your friend see the light.. OlllllO
[addsig]

I was kind of worried about the Soft top thing for my friends little boy. When I asked my friend if it was alright for his kid to ride in the Jeep (with the soft top) he pretty much told me, "With that roll bar, He is safer than in the Van we take him riding in." He then proceeded to place the little Seatbelt Clamp on and put his son's car seat in the back and we went to sling some mud. Now, if a protective dad will let his 4 y/o ride in the back of my Jeep on trails then I don't see an issue with having a Jeep as a family ride. Those Roll bars are VERY protective. Please refer to the 75 MPH Rolled Sahara in the "Wrangler Safety" thread. that should show anyone that Children are prolly safer in a Jeep than anywhere.

P.S. If by any chance the car catches fire. Which would you rather have? Soft top and a pocket knife. Or a Minivan with Glass and a hammer?[addsig]

When I had my first son my wife told me to sell my wrangler "we needed something that was more family oriented". She ate those words 6 months later and told me I needed to find another one. I have had a 4 door cherokee and a wrangler ever since. My wifes cherokee has 7" lift and 33's and my TJ has 6" lift and 35's. To my kids at 7 and 4 think I am the coolest dad. I own a 4wd shop and I drive a Jeep. You should see the kids faces when I pull into school to pick my son up. They all want to ride in the "monster truck" and ride around with the top down. When given the choose my kids will alway ride in the TJ even if my wife is the one driving.

In short keep the Jeep and if she doesn't like it lose the wife!!!

[addsig]

That's what I told my buddy. My daughter has been riding in the Jeep (with the top down) since she was one and loves it. She calls it the "Beech". Just about every other day we cruise around the neighbor hood. I can't wait till she's four and we can lose the car seat cause she really wants to drive around like a grown-up. I think all little kids like the feeling of the wind blowing in their faces. I know my dogs like it! :) [addsig]

That and PowerWheels has made Jeep, common knowledge among youngins. My favorite story of little ones is, riding down a dirt road and seeing this little girl standing beside her Barbie Jeep. I stopped beside her and told her she had a nice Jeep. The Grin she gave to a BIG Jeep was worth the stop. :-D I have had more kids say, "Nice Jeep" than grown ups. [addsig]

Whenever I showed up at school to pick up my 7 yr old daughter ALL the kids wanted a ride. When I asked my 4 (5 today) year old daughter what she wanted for her birthday, all she asked for was a ride in the Jeep with the top down. Guess what I'm gonna do when I get home. :cool: [addsig]

:-( no keep the jeep..... :-( Well I guess he can always
get a new one now..... :-D [addsig]

I have had my little old jeep about a year now, every where I go, someone wants to buy it. Sorry guys not for sale at any price, having too much fun. Don't let him sell it, He will be sorry. 89 yj 31x10.50 lift on the way. :cool: :cool: :cool: [addsig]

Back