Jeep Class

Sully

What do you think when jeep comes to mind???Do you think truck,car,suv???I think jeep has its own class.If you think about it,is jeep really a truck???Is it a car???I dont think so.I think that jeep is in a class of its own.Just my thoughts. Sully[addsig]

My insurence company titles my Jeep as an SUV...
Sport Utility Vehicle

Sport.. nope cant be that since it costs too dang much, and truthfuly it gets me in and out of work. No sports does that for me...lol cant see hockey getting me a ride to work.

Utility...this is a hard one....websters list this as being usefulness,helpfulness, and even value. Well it is useful when I want to re-arange some volders on the trail with my undercarriage....lol. Helpful ?? dont think so unless you concider the fact that it is helpfull at reducing the cash in my pocket after I re-arange some bolders on the trail with my under-carriage and I need to fix a thing or two so I can drive it to work to make some money so I can pay to do this all over again....(funny thing here I am starting to see a patern here) Value ? ummm yes I sort of get a strange sort of satisfaction moving 500 pound bolders around with my tie-rods and other fun,breakable things under my jeep.

Vehicle...yes it is a vehicle.

So yes it is an SUV.
And yes its a jeep thing...

[addsig]

SUV??? :-O :-x :lol:

That's a good one...

FACT = since it's creation
the short wheel based Jeep
has been a Utility Truck.

Minimal materials and 'frills'.
Designed to meet purposeful needs.
Utility...

Truck,,,
Thank God Texas issues a 'plate'
that clearly displays their understanding
of the origin of our American Legend...

TEXAS TRUCK ~~~~~~ "USMPK9" :cool:
------------------------------------------
An SUV is simply:

Someones Under-estimation of Viability.

or

a "Simply Ugly Van."

just MY own .02

Good post Sully;-)
again, bring it to the top.
(Feb 2003, GREAT THREAD)! ;-)

[addsig]

Oh yeah and jeeps are trucks not cars.
Quote:theapextheory Posted: Feb 13, 2003

Bounty__Hunter's Reply:
Just for the sake of argument, what makes it a truck?
Body on Frame design? Many classic cars are body-on-frame.
4wd? Many cars and vans are 4wd these days.

I couldn't think of any other arguments that support/refute this, anybody else?

the specifications laid down by the Quartermaster Corps, on July 7, 1940, called for:

1. A driving front axle with 2-speed transfer case including provisions for disengaging the front axle drive.
2. A body of rectangular design with afolding windshield and 3 bucket seats.
3. Increased engine power (presumably in respect to the Belly-flopper prototype).
4. Means for towing.
5. 30-caliber machine gun mount.
6. Blackout lighting.
7. Oil-bath air cleaner.
8. Hydraulic brakes.
9. Full floating axles.
10. Wheelbase of 80".
11. Maximum height of 40".
12. Maximum weight of 1275 lbs.
13. Approach and departure angles of 45 and 40 degrees, respectively.
14. Must reach 50 mph on hard surface.
15. Special bracing for a pintle hook setup.
16. No aluminium to be used for cylinder head.
17. At least 4 cylinders.
18. 8 of the 70 vehicles to made had to be four-wheel-steer.

The invitation to submit bids was sent to 135 U.S. automobile manufacturers to produce 70 vehicles and "The Legend Began"

That's one hell of a TRUCK gentlemen. [addsig]

I consider a jeep to be what a SUV is supposed to be, a SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE, a jeep is basic transportation to get you from point a to point b in any kind of weather or terrain. A jeep is designed to to be repaired easily if something should break, and best of all a jeep is designed to have fun in. So my opinion is the jeep is definitely the best overall SUV on the market right now. My question would be what class would you put all those big cars they call SUV's now.[addsig]

Not only do I consider it to be a SUV...but also the father of all the modern SUV's out there. Ever since the Jeep hit the civilian market, people have been going nuts with the offroad, go anywhere feeling. What was first...an Escalade...or a Jeepster? Jeep is the Darwin of SUV's.[addsig]

a jeep is the only real 4x4
except 2wd ones are suv's then[addsig]

Jeeps are in a class of there OWN everyone tries to
be one but there is only ONE JEEP>>>>> :-D

edited by: jhiggins, Jun 28, 2003 - 12:34 PM[addsig]

But I mean,when you tell someone to do something,what do you say???Get in the truck???Get in the suv???Get in the jeep....definitly get in the jeep!!! [addsig]

Back