Z71 Questions

TJoffroad00

Sorry its not Jeep related but I thought mabye some of you could help.Alright well it looks like I will be selling my Jeep and geting a '99-'00 GMC or Chevy Z71. I am looking into getting a 2.5" leveling kit for the front and a 2" body lift all around. What is the maximum tire size i could fit w/ around 4.5" of lift.I am going to get some ford F-150 torsion keys. The torsion keys are only $50 and gets 2.5"-3" of lift. Also if anyone has a newer Z71 what bumper and brush guard did you go w/? Sorry for all the questions but i know nothing about Chevys. Thanks for any help.
[addsig]

i would say you could run 34s or 35 with that much lift but have you seen how much $$ it costs to lift a IFS, i know you said that you can crank the torsion bars but that only nets about 1.5 inches, and then you have stiffer suspension w/ less down travel.... [addsig]

The ford keys can get up to 3" depending on how much you crank them.I am going to get a bodylift also b/c lifting IFS is too much $$$.I am not woorried about not having good downtravel b/c this wont be used offroad much it will only see mud at the hunting camp. I am gonna buy an older Jeep and make it a trail rig one day.[addsig]

Not sure if this will help you, but I have a 99 chevy silverado 4X4 with a 3" body lift running 33's right now. I could run 35's but they get 2" wider the bigger the tire. They will have to cut fender wells back if you go with 35's. I stayed with 33's here's a picture of my truck. Hope this helps.

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back