Repainting?

GreenReaper93

Hey everyone... this question just dawned on me, and it may sound stupid to some, but how do you paint kevlar? Is it as simple as paint n' dry? Or is there a pre-paint step. :?:

Kevlar Body for a Jeep??? If so they have a sealer for it so paint will stick to it...any paint shop..

Kevlar needs to be primed before it gets painted. While I was in the Army we had to paint a lot of kevlar items and there is an epoxy based primer we used.

Way to keep the FAITH Tug ...you had the man for dead...:)

oh you lucky man... I want a kevlar body... i've seen them... instead of my body work... i might go with one of those

The Kevlar allready comes with a primer and sealed over coat....That is why you have to re-seal it to paint over it or you can sand it down.....

Gee Tug.... Now I feel all warm and fuzzy inside :lol: Thanks guys for the info! I thought there was an epoxy for it (did some trim painting on the ol' Firebird last year) but I didn't know what the heck was the deal with kevlar. They ARE nice, aren't they Snitty :)

Sorry for my absence ladies and gentlemen... My appoligies. :wink:

I do agree it took a little getting use to though but I like it alot now...:)

I'm liking it a lot more... i still get the billion popups here and there... and i can't quick reply anymore... but i'm liking

Back