Hello, New Jeep Owner!!!

Jeep4me

MORE THROTTLE!!!!!!!

Hello everyone. I am now the proud owner of a 1990 black Jeep Wrangler. It has 138,000 miles, manual transmission and 6cyl. It runs great, and is almost as fun to drive as my 1999 Yamaha R1 which I just sold last weekend. The Jeep was given to me as a sentimental gift, let me explain.

My best friend, Carlos, whom I have known since 1993, past away on Sunday the 20th of July. He took his own life in a Hotel in midtown Manhattan. It was a shock to me and his family since he had been doin so well. Staying out of trouble and bein consistent with his goals in life.

A few months back he had asked me if I would insure and register a Jeep under my name since liability INS was so high for him from his DWI fines. I agreed and he would use the Jeep on sunny days and drop off his Grand Cheroekee in my house and swap cars.

After the pain and frustraton settled from his passing, I spoke to his mother and explained to her that I wanted to buy the Jeep from them since it held great sentimental value to me. It was the last car he drove that night. We would talk about all the goodies we were gonna install on it and I made a promise to myself that I would pickup where he left off. Well his mother explained to me that he wanted me to have the Jeep eventually so it was given to me. I am very grateful.

I miss my friend very much, and I am sorry if I typed too much on my first post.

TY 4 listening

Ruben

R.I.P. Carlos Rodriguez

image-missing.png

Right now "Sorry" will not help you. I recently lost someone to their own hand. I want you to know that I am availible to talk to if you need it. What you are going through right now is a tough road. I know this because I am only 4 months ahead of you on the recovery. I am waldenjg on Yahoo!! and AIM, chat with me sometime. Maybe I can be a helping hand from you own future.

I really hate to hear about your loss. The, "I'm sorrys", and all the, "I wish it hadn't happened." will be comming for a while. Just remember that most people don't know what to say to you. You are different from most people in this world now. You are not a "Survivor," You are a survivor of suicide. It makes a difference.

I know what you are feeling and I know the road you have ahead of you. Feel free to look me up anytime.

I'm with him... I know that nothing anyone can say will make up for any portion of the loss.. but know that we are in full support for you... and we will help you with anything along the way to help you fulfill Carlos' wishes on the project...

Sorry to hear about Carlos,I cant imagine what it is like for you.As everyone else said,we will help you along the way with building your jeep the way you wanted it.Prayers go out to you and his family.

Welcome to the site Ruben. I am sorry about your loss. This is a great group of people that will help you out on anything you need or want to know. It does not have to be about jeeps either. :D

Welcome and hope that you are going to build that jeep into a real mind blower in memory of your friend. Just like you had planed to do all along. tug

farewell

hey bro, I'm kinda new here too, but over time what a great club, i feel you man, i know sorry doesn't cut it, but sorry about your loss. Great jeep to start with . Were here to help! Welcome !!!!!

My sympathies, And welcome to the site,
But I have one question, do you really need that fork lift to move a single chair?? Just curious??

If you ever need any info, advice or help for that YJ or life in general, these are some good folks in here!!

Johnny

Welcome to the site. I am sure Carlos will also be watching the transformations you will be making on the Jeep.
Our prayers are with you, and Carlos's family. Welcome to the family, and thanks for sharing your tragic story.

do you really need that fork lift to move a single chair??

Think about it jps, if he just dropped off a crate and his supervisor asked him to take the chair to the other end of the wherehouse, would he:

A. Turn off the Forklift and walk the chair to the other end of the building then walk back and get on the lift and drive to grab another crate, which happens to be right beside the chair that he just delivered.

OR

B. what you see in the picture.

REALLY MAN jeeze dun you know nuthin?? ;-)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Travel to go wheelin'

I'll have to agree with everyone else here... we say "sorry" and pass on our sympathies because there isn't much else we can say or do in these types of situations other than be a friend and lend an ear... or occassional shoulder.

So I'll extend my sympathies to you and the family of your friend, as well as to anyone else who knew him.

Secondly, let me say welcome to the group and nice to meet you. A great bunch of people from what I've seen and always more than happy to help ya out with whatever you may need.

See ya around,

Chris

TY 4 all the kind words and support. I really appreciate it. I find that spending time with his family has helped me alot and helped them aswell. I would also like to thank Jay 4 taking the time 2 listen to what I had to say and bein very supportive. Thanks Bud.... :D

Ohh and BTW, the picture I posted of the forklift and chair well their is a story behind that. That pic was taken at a textile factory where they make fabrics. It is owned by his parents. We were working late polishing my frame and swingarm on my R1. When my girlfriend asked 4 a chair well thats how he brought it. He was always cracking jokes and making me laugh....that was Carlos. That night we had forklift drag racing, what a blast..... :lol:

Anyways, I will post pics of the Jeep soon. First thing I think it needs is a hard top, some wheels with juicy tires, and a center console. Opinions are welcomed, but remember I am on a budget since I just purchased an engagement ring. Ty 4 all ur help guys!!!

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

I am glad everything is working out good for you and friends ...
Congrats on the ring I wish you the best of luck... The bike is also
very sharp looking ...Best Wishes .....:D :p :) :) :p :D

Sweet job on that R1. How long did it take youto polish the frame, and what did you use to seal it afterward? I wanna do my Honda over the winter!

image-missing.png

Sorry about the bad pic, all I got right now.

Johnny

TY 4 the compliments. It took myself and a friend 30 hrs to fully polish the frame and swingarm. That is not counting the time it took to remove the engine and other parts. After you get to 1500 grit, then U can hit it wit Mothers chrome polish. But take your time when you start. The hardest, most time consuming part is the first 2-3 grits(220, 320 grit). You have to get all the scratches out before you can continue or else it will look like crap. Let me know if U need any more pointers this winter.....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm that sounds like alot of work butt it sure does make the bike look sharp.....:)

Back