What's up with the number of posts?

Jeep#3

Steering stops!!!

Before the new site came online I had over 200 posts. Now it says I only have 2! What happened? Is there a way to change my screen name? Mine sucks!

Thanks!

We have covered many topics like so ....I agree do a little research and then if you still don't have your answer ask....:)

No that's not the issue but check out some other areas for the info ....we are here to help not to push you away...:)

I just never had two people jump down my throat for asking a simple question. I recently have seen other people ask the same questions that I asked 6 months ago and they were answered in a decent manner, not "look it up before asking a question".

Well you are reading into this all wrong ....IF I WAAS JUMPING DOWN YOUR THROAT IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS.....but I am not, I have told many people about the search and encouraged them to use it ,, Just like they have me ...I am sorry if that is what it seemed like I didn't intened to do that..:)

all the posts got reset when the new format was activated, they are re-entering the numbers one by one.... Hey! That typing took less than a minute!

Sorry folks....this is my fault...appologizes to you Jeep...I've had a couple of bad days and was wrong to jump out at you...I hope I'm forgiven.

Rob 8) :p :)

Anybody rebuilt an AX 5??

I don't think anyone was trying to be rude, just trying to keep a topic from being spread out across so many different threads that we can't effectively help anyone. :mrgreen:

Besides, post counts are over-rated :lol:
-Nick :!:

that is one reason i never tell someone to search... i'll always give what i can... if i recently join a board, and I am not helped, I will think that nobody knows anything, and is too lazy to help... when a question is asked... I want every member to get the same ease of an answer as I we were getting here last year...

when i joined Jeepz.com, I read throught EVERY post on EVERY page before joining... but that was just me, i wanted to know what the board was about, and how the people were... and to this day, i take pride in the information that we provide each other... I don't want it to turn into a search engine, its a board for a reason, to talk.... but, don't get me wrong... the search option is a great thing... i use it all the time

I accept the apology PA. I have been a member for a while now and it really shocked me to read such a brash response. I remember asking a question and 2 days later I saw the same question posted! No attitude in the repsponses then... and there should not be now! I don't post every single day and I do not have time to check all the previous posts to see exactly what is going on. I try to sign on almost every day to check what is going on but that does not mean since I don't have 2000 or 1500 posts that I am not capable of understanding the workings of the site. Joopin's response hit the nail on the head and is what I would usually receive! Snitty's response was right on target also. I like when people respond to a seemigly mundane question. It shows that people care and want to make this place comfortable. I do not care about the post count either, get rid of them for all I care, just wondering where it went. Enough of that though. I do have something else to complain about... No one answered my second question in my initial post!!! Oh wait... maybe I'll do a search first.

i think your second question got lost in your first question, i know of no way to change your name, even though there might be a way..... do a search and find out if there is :mrgreen:

It IS possible to have the account name changed, but only through the administrator controls. You might ask Terry about that. :D

-Nick :!:

Sorry it was a typo and couldn't take it out I pasted it from another post ..SORRY..:(

Thank you for accepting the appology...I think everyone around here can vouch on my behalf that I normally do NOT answer questions in that manner, and yes, I DO read EVERY post,and yes, I only answer the ones I believe I have a correct answer to. If I offended anyone else I am sorry.

To answer the second question, no, htere is no way to change the name on your current acount. The only way to have a new name is to re-register.

Rob 8) :p :)

haha.. roundie.... the pot is calling the kettle black

Back