which 6cyl do you like the most???

Jeepster05

Which 6cyl engine do you like the most. aside from fuel injection and carbs. I prefer my old 4.2L, because of the torque and sound.

You can't beat a 4.0 .....or a 4.0 head on a 4.2....:)

Hey, what about my stock straight 4 cyl. in my 63 cj-5. . . . where does that fall in the line of engines. Maybe i should dump it and put me in a 6 cyl. I think not.

4.0 HO is a wonderful motor... perfect for jeeps

what type of gains come from putting a 4.0 head on the 4.2? looking for some type of mods to make my4.2 more juicy. although since i rebuilt my carter bbd, she runs awsome besides for the bad gas i had a few weeks ago.

ray

some have claimed up to a 40 hp gain... but i don't know if i can believe that... though.... it DOES flow air MUCH MUCH better than the 4.2 head

You can get up to a 40 hp gain I can tell a tremendous difference on mine and not a real hard mod...:)

Arg . . . my little 4 cyl. will tear up all your 6 cyl. . . . well maybe not, but it gets the job done. Maybe if it ever freezes up or something tearible happens, i'll throw in a 6 cyl . . . . sounds like a lotta work for a poor little kid though.

I'll take my 6cyl over your little 4cyl anyday. Can't compare it to a 4.2 tho never driven one. 4.0 HO all the way tho.
Mike

I love the sound of my 4.2,it sounds like a V8!But,I do like the fuel injected 4.0's.I voted 4.2. 8)

That's a tough one. I love the 4.0 ltr for the power, higher RPM range and availablility of multiport injection.

I have owned both and neither get any complaints from me.
but if I have to vote,...................4.0

Now about this 4.0 head on a 4.2??? I would be willing hear more on this mod.

is there a link or something that will point me in the right direction to get more info, and what other things are incorporated in doing this mod.

"SEARCH" j/k

p.s. tried to search didn't get what i was looking for
ray

Will have to say of all the small blocks I have owned the 4.0 is a well rounded motor...since sound is not what I am after( if I want to hear a V8 I could put on a CD) . The 4.0 provides more than is required for the Jeep.
It produces enougyh torque to climb.
The 4.2 has features that work just as well for earlyer jeeps and alot less emission junk to deal with.
But my vote will have to go with 4.0 HO... fuel injection rocks.

Back