massachusetts off-road trip

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
To any one that wants to go, we (a number of massachusetts and conn. members) are putting together a little day of wheeling on saturday, august 23 in marshfield ma (off rt 3 between the cape and boston. If you are interested, come! Right now there are I believe 5 jeepz.com members going. Lauraboston will post most of the fine tuned details. but people will be traveling from all over so you most likely won't travel alone for long. So if you wanna come just post or email me at jps4jeep@aol.com Hope to see you there!

it should be a blast, i tried to email purpleygirl but i got the message sent back to me twice. can't wait to get together with some jeepz.com members time to put a face on a name!!!

ray

Ray,
Glad to see you will come. We are still trying to nail down a meeting place but it looks like it will be around the exit 12 area off route 3. I will get you an address and directions once things get a stamp of approval.

Johnny

Coming to Texas!!!!

i guess purple is from denisport which is farther than i'm gonna be so i can ride up w/ her and hpoefully she knows where she's going cause i have no clue!!! are we gonna get an early start?

ray

MT Tires

Yeah, the best place for everybody to meet would be exit 12 (Marshfield/Pembroke).

If your familar with this area it is the exit after the hanover mall (comming from the north)...

How does 6 AM sound? I don't htink I have seen 6 AM on a saturday in years. I get up at 5 AM all week, I need to slep in one day!

Unsure of time, ya but a early start for me due to the travel. I fugure we can all meet up and grab some coffee at a (insert name) coffee shop or something, discuss that battle plan, and get ready (discos come off, tow straps get wrapped up).

Early start??? Well, I was thinking more like noon or 1. We can spend 3-4 hours out there, and as little as 1.

I went on 3 diffirent trails last weekend, and I was out for 3 hours. I figured we could do 2 of the 3 I did. As 1 of them is just a fire trail, and really not good for a group of Jeeps. It is just a straight road through the woods, the only good thing about it is that you can go like 30, and get really muddy. Well, I go more like 15, but the mud splashes all the same.

The one that I want to start on, there are all diffirent lefts and rights (which I have no idea where they go), so I figured we could spend some time back there, as there are hills, and inclines, and rocks, and tree stumps...I think it will be fun for everybody.

Then there is a 'Pit' which is all sand, it has hills and stuff, a good place to get a feel for 4L.

So, I hope everybodys needs will be met...

jps4jeep said:
How does 6 AM sound? I don't htink I have seen 6 AM on a saturday in years. I get up at 5 AM all week, I need to slep in one day!

Unsure of time, ya but a early start for me due to the travel. I fugure we can all meet up and grab some coffee at a (insert name) coffee shop or something, discuss that battle plan, and get ready (discos come off, tow straps get wrapped up).

Ok, six is early, how about 8? Coffee shops, there are like 15 of them on 139 through Marshfield, there is a Dunkin' right there...maybe we should meet there...

Ok im going to meet up with 88wrangler I think :? I have to make sure I have someone to watch the baby, If not im going to have to catch up at about 1pm :cry: I should be all set tho. From the cape its exit 12 on route 3 take a left of the ramp and then maybe somewhere over there? I believe there is a dunkin donuts on that street if not what about the Christmas tree shop right off the exit? its easy to find no one should get lost :wink: Im also going to pick up a friend of mine in pembroke (a used to be jeep owner till I bought it and totaled it :shock: ) This is going to be fun.

OK, so lets meet at 10, I think that will give everybody good time for travel and stuff.

Where to meet...The easiest spot would defintally be the old Christmas Tree Parking lot, now it is Ski Market and I Party, it is right off Exit 12.

If you are comming from the NORTH, take Rt. 3 to Exit 12, go right off the exit, and at the second set of lights you will see the parking lot on the right, take a right at the lights to get into the parking lot.

If you are comming from the SOUTH, takr Rt. 3 to Exit 12, and go straight when you get off the highway, you will see the parking lot right in front of you. At the set of light take a right to get into the parking lot.

Then after everybody got there ok, we can all go to the Dunkin' it is about 1/2 mile down the road.

I will be at the parking lot first, I drive a black Wrangler. Soft Top will be on, and I will park right there so you can see me.

If you want my cell# if you get lost or running late. You can email me for it and I will give it to you.

If this isnt good for anybody, reply and we can figure out something else.

I am flexable, as I dont have to travel.

10 o'clock would be great, That way I miss some of the heavy cape traffic.

My jeep is not hard to miss. It is bright blue, not sure what the top's color will be then (soft is gray, bikini and duster are black). But the dead give away is the 5 1/2 inches of lift with factory sized tires. (tires are expensive)
I think I have been down there before. Is anyone else from the north following me down? anyone from another part of the country wanna come?

Johnny

John,

I just emailed you...we will keep it at 10am, in the Ski Market/I Party parking lot. Cool?
----------------------------------------------

If you are comming from the south, when you get off the exit, you can really only go right or left (its hard to xplain), but going left is kinda like going straight, and there is a set of lights at the end of the ramp.

So, you will go left at the lights at the end of the ramp, and at the next set of lights you take a right, to get into the parking lot.

I stink at giving directions (obviously).

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL

I have to work that day!!! :cry:
...otherwise I would be there with bells on

Be sure to take pics. I want to see what I missed.

Neal, take the day off from work, I won't tell. I though you said you were gonna feel sick that day anyways!! I can hear you caughing all the way over here in Jamacia Plain!! hehe

Try to get it off, it is two weeks away, if not it is OK too, I am not going to beat you too bad for not coming!

Johnny

88wrangred,

Whats going on with you? Are you going to be down the Cape that weekend?

with bells on of course!! i am in just rying to make contact with my friend from barnstable to iron out details on my cape cod arrival. but meeting @ ten? sounds good to me, i'll take it easy friday night with the boyz, and make up for it saturday. I MISS COLLEGE :cry:

ray

"WICKED" why is everything always wicked___________ you fill in!!!

J/K

ray

Back