cb radio???????

Cobra is a great name in the CB area but! Don't get a mic controled unit it will be a heart ache forever. If you have a truck stop in your area or a CB shop go and buy yourself a good used unit that has been looked at and peaked out to preform. Cobra Uniden to name a couple of great names but you can spend more if you wish hehehehe Good luck and ten four we are out. tug

i spoke to someone from the local CB shop, and he said that this unit is very good. it is not cheap they wanted 149.95, and cobra is advertising it at 129.95. i like the factr that it is compact so im gonna try for it on ebay for 97.99, thanks for the advice. i guess you can say i told you so if it sucks!!!

ray

Well, I tend to agree with Tug... the remote units are a pain in the long run.

Cobra, Uniden, the old Midlands... If you're gonna go for a full size CB go for one made prior (believe it or not) to about 1990... Mainly because they're heavier internally and can be peaked and tuned more to increase operational range, etc.

The newer ones usually can't be "tuned" as high as the older ones and if they can, they just can't hold up under the strain.

But I will say this... if you're gonna go with the remote unit, Cobra is the recommended name to go with.

Now ya just need to find a decent antennae to go with it and you're good to go. K-40's, Wilson's, just about anything.

I have a Cobra 40x (tuned to dead key at 10+ amps, and live key close to 30 amps) and a 108" whip... and I'll tell ya, if I catch the "skip" and the weather and terrain just right that thing really "talks".

Good luck,

Chris

Whatever antenna you go with (I like fire sticks), make sure it's NOT a magna mount. You don't want the trees and brush knocking it off of your vehicle.

Rob 8) :p :)

For years I had an old galaxy cb out of my father boat which he sold in 1981. Worked the balls untill it got too wet for the last time and fried out. DIdn't feel like fixing due to age so I bought a Cobra 21 ltd wx. Small and simple and works awesome. As for an antenna I recomend the firestik II 4 foot tunable no-ground-plane antenna. Get a SWR meter and you can tune to the perfect setting on the whip.

88, your gonna need that CB in a couple weeks!!

Johnny

I had one of those remote Cobra's and a friend of mine had one as well. Nothing but problems with them. Good luck.

Back