Throttle body spacers

RompIT

What does everyone think about putting a throttle body spacer on a 2.5L TJ, Stock....Is it worth it and can you really tell a difference with it?

My spacer gave me a little better throttle response, but everyone seems to have differing views, do a search and see what other think

Johnny

girling slave

Snitty, it cost more to get it made that the $50 it cost to but a perfect one made ....But you never know he might have a good shop to get one made cheap....Good point...:)

I would go for a high flow intake when you put your spacer on too. I got the AEM intake with the throttle body spacer and the combo works great.

Snitty, I'll send you the money if you can get me one that cheap....:)

appreciate the quick reply...my tj is a 2004 wih the 4.0...do you make the spacers and if so do they come with the bolts and gasket? .you can get ahold of me either here or on my face book page...larry pratt..from lupton mi...this way you can post pic..thanks..

appreciate the quick reply...my tj is a 2004 wih the 4.0...do you make the spacers and if so do they come with the bolts and gasket? .you can get ahold of me either here or on my face book page...larry pratt..from lupton mi...this way you can post pic..thanks..

Bud, this is an 11 year old thread, the posters may no longer even check this site. As to the value of t.b. spacers, it's debatable...personally I would save the $60 or so you'd spend on one for gas money. They mainly make more intake noise than anything else. I'd personally recommend a bored t.b., you'll make more power and you'll see an increase in fuel economy if you don't drive with your foot in it all the time. That said the best way to increase mpg is to SLOW DOWN, keep the weight of the vehicle down, run small less aggressive tires...all that good stuff.

ROFL this is old. And I like the quick response start.

For carbonated engines or injected above the TB spacers work. For newer engines say 97 and newer they do nothing but make you wallet lighter. There is a large potential for creating a whistle at or near idle.

Back