Ever left someone stranded???

Natty

It's not a good feeling...but all the options and time had expired. For all those Fl. people (especially Lakeland or Lakeland neighbors) who are familiar with the Carter Rd. scene...you know how anal they are out there. I was relaxing out there when two mud covered fellas approached me asking for a favor...ie. extract their Mazda B2000 out of some sloppy stuff. I haven't had a strap in my Jeep since I snapped it on another attempted rescue an all they had was about 6 ft. of chain. All I had was about 20 ft. of some not so strong rope in the back of my ride. Long story short...all combinations of chain and rope failed...and the Carter Rd. Recreational Staff would not lend a rope, chain, or strap since it occured on an off-the-main-road location....that pissed us off but I'm sure some liability issue prevented their assistence. Well...after an hour I had to leave due to prior engagements and left them right where I found them...stuck. Not a good feeling, but man...if you saw what they tried driving through...it was more balls than brains...especially alone and without a strap. Still...would have felt better to have rescued them...because I'm sure we all know the feeling of being stuck and how much it sucks.

i have wanted to leave a friend of mine before.... he gets mad at me when his pos nissan truck get stuck.... i have left him before when workin on his truck...
ps... thanks fot deleting the avatar

Do not feel to bad cause you did not get em stuck and if they were such big ol boys that they were going to try something above their ability with out recovery gear then "Just how stupid are they any way."

Recovery points are a must. Straps are a must and a hi lift jack is a must for the trails in my book. Winch be it a simple come a long or a mounted winch is not a bad idea either. Not every rig needs all of these but in every groupe you should have a general amount of gear to be used.

Now if you were riding with me and you or I got stuck I feel it a burden on each of us to see no one gets left behind no matter the need or time to be free from the clutchs of what ever has a hold on you. But a second party needs to be ready to fend for them selves. I would have offered a ride back to the main road or what ever but as far as risking self and machinery that would be not my concern.

What is a Mazada doing taken off roading serrious anyway! hehehehehe sorry greaywolf! Tug

ya those rec guys are di#k$. My uncle got his TJ stuck in one of those traps they dug under water and they almost called the cops on us. I know how there aren't many places to wheel in ol Ltown but I wouldn't go out to carter again. Ends up my uncle sued their asses for something like a thousand bucks in damages and eventually sold his jeep :cry: for a stang. and he was the guy that got me into jeeps so I was dissappointed.

It happens sometimes if you can't get them out o-well atleast you tryed...But look on the brite side it wasn't you in there....:p

jeepster05...

"Ends up my uncle sued their asses for something like a thousand bucks in damages and eventually sold his jeep for a stang. and he was the guy that got me into jeeps so I was dissappointed."

My uncle was the one that got me into jeeps also... and then he turned around and sold his... something about how the dealership wouldn't fix his transmission. it was a sad sad day. It was the first jeep i drove topless... first time i'd driven a stick... lots of memories in that thing... and he sells it.... i've never quite forgiven him. :)

far-right...no problem. It was kinda annoying. I just don't have the first clue on how to resize it. Jeepster05-they are DICKS!!!!!!!!!! Jhiggins-thanks for the pics again and yeah...at least it wasn't me. But cheese and rice you should have seen the crap they were stuck in...phunny. Snitty...I do what I can...w/ 6ft. of chain, a tent post, and a master lock. And Tug...I agree there is no better solution to a problem that resembles this scenario than a foolproof preventative measure like a recovery point. I was not originally wheelin' w/ them so I didn't feel responsible for their misery. I was just chillin' enjoyin' my personal free time...which we all value immensly...and tried to lend a hand. And to sacrifice time which has not been dedicated to anyone else but myself is an attempt enough for me. So Jhiggins....can you help resize one awesome shot my brother took of me playin' around in the mud???? Later on - Natty.

Well said natty! Time was able to grab 3.5 hours today for my self and crawled in to the bed and foresake it due to work. Man it has been so busy for me the last few months. Then I felt guilty that I did not use it either working on tugly or getting out int o the woods for a breath of fresh air. All ways someone wanting your time and time is short for us all. Good post and it does make you think! tug

Hey Natty I know what you are talking about out a Carter Rd. You really need to take that ride the guys made out to Richloam/ Crooms. It's a much better place to ride and no one bothers you. Don't feel bad like they said you did not get them stuck. Just trying to help was most likely appreciated. They are like Nazi's out at Carter Rd.

LadyGator - Yeah...I've heard that spot is the place where those huge F-350's on 44"s have some hard times...I mean good times. 8)

Back