2003 Wrangler SE

RandyS

I'm looking for my first jeep and I'm not confident in my mechanical abilities so I'm looking at new ones versus an older fixer-up. Would the '03 SE make a good base vehicle for later mods? The new 4 cyl specs indicate it has substantially more hp than the old 2.5. Any advice would be appreciated.

Get the X with a I6 if you are looking for Cheaper. If you want to be cheaper in the future of mods go with the Sport with the Dana 44.

Get the Vynal seats
Get the In-line 6
get the dana 44

the rest is mearly candy.

i would get the sport with the 44's, or if your looking at a new one and have the cash, why not a Rubicon? Throw on a lift and some 35's and call teh buildup done. Ive got teh 30 and 35 axles on my 99 TJ and am getting 35's. Im bettin its only a little while untill the axle goes pop. also, after you do invest in a new jeep, do research and plan out your buildup before you start with an overall goal. It will save you time and money and make you happier in the long run.

Thanks again for the input. In regards to the Rubicon, I don't have the 30K to play. My real choice is between a strippy new lower end model or a used one.

On a side note, it doesn't seem to be possible to find a new one without a lot of options out where I am and I can't order at this point in the model year so I guess I'm looking for used.

Hey, for what its worth I just bought a Wrangler Freedom. I wanted the 6cyl, manual trans., and bigger tires w/full spare, hard top, full doors. The options I didnt care about, like AC, or the CD player, or even the fender flares.

Initally what I bought it I wasnt thinking of doing ANY offroadin'. Now that I am doing some off roading I wish I got the Sport of Sahara with the better suspension. I guess you live and learn. Just my 13¢

Back