I have a new jeep! (To me anyway)

cewtwo

Hello everyone. I bought a Jeep '93 YJ about 3 weeks ago. It was a pretty stock jeep. Since then I have installed a 3 1/2" BDS chassis lift, and changed the tires and rims. The new tires are BFG TA/KOs in a 33X12.50X8 size. The entire Jeep is and hardtop is Black with a gray interior.

Understand that this is the second 4X4 vehicle. The first one is a Ford Ranger. Low range on the P/U essentially made it a tank and I have been in some situations that I probably shouldn't have been in for the equipment. I have been 4 wheelin' for about 3 years.

I just spent the last week lifting the chassis and getting the tire and wheels for the jeep. That blew the budget for a while now.

I live in Denver, Colorado and am surrounded by some really great 4X4 trails. I have driven Black Bear in the Ford as well as many other (supposedly) difficult trails in Colorado, Utah and Wyoming.

I have a bunch of friends with whom I share the hobby. We organize and go on trips all of the time.

What should I look at as the next improvement to the Jeep? With your suggestions, please don't limit me to equipment upgrades - Maybe there is another way to increase my knowledge and my passion for the sport?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Hey welcome to the board.You know,we are having a trail ride in colorado in 2004.Be sure to check that out.

Welcome to the board here at jeepz. As for the improvements if it were me I would go with a thumb throttle and a vaccume bypass front diff cabe posi lock system. Thoes are two of the the best bang for the buck mods I have ever had. Also go for some sway bar disco's on the front. Loose the Track bar in the rear it is useless and you will never know it is gone ion the road. Just what I might do. Good luck tug

welcome to the club bro, build them wheel them, then rebuild them!!

Johnny

Whats the 411 on the 2004 Jeepz trip thingymabobber?

hey buddy i live in arvada, what part of denver are you in? Maybe we could hook up and run Lefthand/carnage sometime, or Holy Cross if you're up to it!

"As for the improvements if it were me I would go with a thumb throttle and a vaccume bypass front diff cabe posi lock system. Thoes are two of the the best bang for the buck mods I have ever had. Also go for some sway bar disco's on the front. Loose the Track bar in the rear it is useless and you will never know it is gone on the road."

They through in the sway bar disconnects free with with the lift package. We used them this weekend and it did really improve the off-road ride! Thanks for the suggestion!
Help me out here... What is a thumb throttle and the vaccum bypass front diff cabe posi lock system? Where can I find information on them?

Mxpx182lit,
Sounds like your abilities are better than mine at the moment. I have read about both those trails, but I am not a rock climber yet! What other trails do you like to do in Colorado?

Sad story and looking for window replacement

Well i hit up Lefthand/ Carnage about every weekend. The Carnage section is pretty tricky but it has numerous bypasses if things get too hairy. ALso if you opt for the easier but just as much fun trail you can go up lefthand canyon, a couple rocks strewn about, some off camber stuff, and a few mudpits to play in! I did one trail in Idaho Springs a while back that was pretty fun but i forgot the name of it. We should hook up and go wheelin sometime!

Thanks for all your help

I did a ride in Idaho Springs last weekend (it's one I do all the time). Idaho Springs to CO103, 5 miles out of town to "Ute," air down (I did get a Quickair2), and take the road following the signs to Lamartine. This trail is rocky, though. Great end as you pull around the mountain top and seel the valley and the switchbacks. As the saying goes, "5 miles of road in 2 miles of space!" That was Sunday.
Saturday was Webster Pass and Radical Hill (down by Grant, Colorado - CR60 just South of the Guanella Pass road).

I do like Jeeping!

Back