New Jeep Owner here!

mr2fyre

I got a 1988 Jeep Cherokee about 2 months ago. It seems to be running pretty well. It's gas mileage is even close to my MR2's.

4.0L engine, power nothing, I broke the passenger side window cranker the 1st week (pleasntly suprised at a $10 replacement part, can't remember the last time i got one of those from toyota), custom dents and scratches (I hear that is a good thing on this side of the world), replaced the radio with one that works (The new radio came with four free cheapo speakers, good thing too cause none of those worked either), some ok wheels and bigger size tires, a box of bullets under the rear seat, leaks oil all over the place.

Just thought i would say hello.

John
88 Cherokee
91 Toyota MR2 Turbo

Yup sounds like you got one of the good ones, heheheeh Welcome to Jeepz and by finding us you proved you are going to make a great jeeper. Jeep stands for Just Empty Every Pocket so at least you know. Yea there is a bunchof stuff about owning a jeep that really with out a shadow of a dought sucks! but you can have no better way to get from point a to b than in a Jeep. Again welcome and be a part of this insanity by asking what you dont know, answering what you do know and just enjoying the board. Tug

I forgot to mention the tow package!!!! I am exicted about getting a boat or a wave runner next spring. Can't Pull one of those behind an mr2.

if you have a tow package on a 88 XJ you probably have a dana 44 rear axle

I am guessing this is a good thing???

I don't know much about rear ends.

re

Welcome to the board. As I have read, you have been introduced to the jeep life! Have fun with it, cause if you don't, It is not a jeep but rather any other vehicle!

Johnny

re

If it is a factory tow package you probably do have a dayna 44. That is a good thing. It is a beefy rear axle, most people try to find them to replace the stock axles. If it is aftermarket it may be a 35c.

Welcome aboard! I also have an 88 XJ.

welcome aboard friend... sorry to hear about your 4.0 not having power... we may be able to help you with that... and like said, if that tow package is from the factory, you're a lucky bum to have that axle

welcome to the world of jeeps........I just sold my wrangler and bought a cherokee and I love it.......Good Luck with yours
image-missing.png

Not that often really. I would like to more, but time doesn't always allow for it.

Why do you ask? Have something in mind?

Back