For those of you that were wondering about wheeling in MD.

LadyJeepFreak

8)

I have contacted my local DNR for information about LEGAl ORV's in the lower shore area of MD. I Found alot of infomation online about all the different lands in MD where ORV'ing is allowed. I thought maybe some of you in northern MD would enjoy this link too, I know you have been wondering where to wheel legally. Here is the link, you can get to the four areas of MD park systems from this link:

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/amenities.html#eas

Good Luck!
Lady

Thanks, Lady! There is a lot of info on that site!

Man this has me really annoyed. I just recieved response from my area DNR rep. Here is what they say:

" The ORV trails in Maryland are for 4-wheel ATV''s or motorcycles. Vehicles are not allowed. The only place I am aware that you can take 4 wheel drive vehicles is Assateague "Federal" Park. "

Looks like I woulda got more wheeling done in my state if I just bought a freaking death trap four wheeler. lol

Lady

Well I checked out Assateague. It's nice as long as I get approved to wheel there. The permit has a lot of requirements as well as every time you go to ride. You have to get through a ranger checkpoint first. It won't be like trails but I think riding way down on the beach where not many people go could be fun. There are miles and miles of beach only open to ORV's.

Will check it out more soon! :lol:

Back