Catskill Jeep Jam was great time.

joejeepny

Just got back from the Catskill jeep Jamboree and it was a blast. It rained a few days before and then cleared up to leave us wheelin in some nice mud and wet rocks with sunny days. Everyone was fun and helpful and everyone seemed to have a good time. I bent a tie rod on the first day later in the afternoon which bent upwards and knocked of my radiator drain cock.Bummer. We had to remove the tie rod on the trail and we tried to straighten it out. We put it back in the Jeep and tried to tow me out but it bent again when we hit the first big rock. We then took it out again and one of the trail guides George got an idea to sleeve it with my high lift jack handle. We cut the handle straightened the tire rod and slipped it over then installed it again. It got us out of the woods and back to the home base parking lot. I got lucky with the radiator. I took it out and the cock is a snap in peice and the auto parts store had one.Radiator fixed in an hour. The tie rod was a different story. Neither the dealer or the parts store had a replacement tube and the junk yard would not sell one due to liability reasons. Luckily a local guy butch was very nice and we went to his house and welded a couple of peices of angle iron to the tube. We reinstalled it and I was able to wheel the next day. Butch if you read this Thanyou very much for the help!!!!!!!!!!!!. The second day I took a trail with less rocks and more mud and a few good hill climbs. We made it through places that stuck some bigger trucks and was proud how the truck ran that day. My wife drove for a while and nicely creaped through some tough rock sections and the big hill on the way out. The weekend turned out great and I had alot of fun. Hope to see everyone back next year. To everyone that helped get my truck out of the trail Thanks Alot!!!
I will try to get some picts up in a few days!!

sounds like a blast! You definatly got lucky with the tie rod. I would love to go to a jamboree but that $250 is a bit steep!

Johnny

Back