Time to buy a Hi-Lift...

Joopin

Super Moderator
I'm in the market for a Hi-Lift jack and I was wondering what size I should get ... 48 or 60 inch? I'm doing an soa lift with aal and I'm expecting 6 inches of lift approx. Do I really need a 60 incher? Thanks

no way man, 48 is only way to go.

The distance roll bar to roll bar is approx 48 inches. perfect place to mount it. Its almost impossible to mount a 60 inch jack inside your jeep unless you plan on taking up alot of room. its wider than the jeep. I bought my 60 about 3 weeks ago still cant decide where to put it.

Take my advice, go with the 48, if not. buy the 48 and ill trade you my brand new never been used 60.

the 60" is definitly going to take up alot of room in the truck. The 48" is hard enough to find a place for. I hate to confuse you more but I have seen the 48" not lift high enough to change a tire but you should chain the axle to the frame so the suspension doesnt drop so much when changing a tire so you dont have to lift as high anyway. If you dont have a winch the 60" would be nice for that extra 24" of pull if needed.

also something to think about is, do you still have the stock rearbumper? I know lots of aftermarket ones come with hi-lift mounts that can fit both. i personally opted for the 60 inch because i have a 4 inch suspension lift, 1 inch body lift and 2 inch coil spacer lift for an approximate 7 inches of lift and i plan on running 37X15.5R15 in the near future.

joejeepny said:
If you dont have a winch the 60" would be nice for that extra 24" of pull if needed.

ahh... its an extra 12"... just thought i'd point it out....;) i have the 60" - i'd agree a 48" is better if you have a TJ/JY/CJ... i have the safari rack on my ZJ and the 60 fits just fine up there.....

I have only had 48 inch, Hi-Lifts and have never had a problem. I have 5 inches of lift on my YJ, I have a 77 blazer on 36's that it lifts A bit to the limit! And in Paragon I used it to change 87 Chevy's tire and he has 35's with 6 inches of lift! Do not under estimate the 48 incher!
Johnny

PS these are all done on flat ground

Well Jps4jeep settled it for me, I'll buy the 48". If it ends up too short I'll take BostonJeeps offer and trade for his 60"... if the deal still stands BostonJeep! Thanks for the input guys

Back