((XM)) radio.

nolio

I just ordered a delphi roady satelite radio tuner from crutchfield the other day. I was just wondering if anybody else had purchased and installed a xm or sirius tuner? and if so where did you put it?

I will post some pic's of the install after I get it, I am hoping it is going to be worth th $9.99 monthly fee..

Do not have, I have given it thought, and have friends who use them in Road Tractor rigs, and all who I have taked to say Wow! best spent money ever far as tunes go. Good luck with the instal and look forward to hearing all about it. tug

i am not a fan of it.. i am not a fan of any radio... except the one that i can use to get myself out of trouble... i like to choose exactly what i listen to... i know the xm can channel in on a specific genre, or category... but, being a musician, i am serious with music... and i want to hear what i want to hear when i want to hear it... i don't think that over a grand per year is worth it

wow.... i can't believe what i was thinking right there.... i thought it said 99.99 per month... i don't even know how i let myself believe that ANY radio service could be that much, let alone let myself post my lack of ability to catch myself... still... i could think of better ways to spend 10 bucks a month

Bounty my man

I definitely agree with snitty $1000 bucks a year is totaly not worth it =)P

I have heard mostly good things about XM, I am wondering if it will loose it's signal strength when it rains just like my bloody dish network does!!

Hopefully it will come in the mail tonight really looking forward to installing it! =)

Here is the deal with XM,
You will not loose signal with weather, rather should, but this depends on the part of the counrty you live in. If it is the mid west, it is damn near impossible to loose the signal, but if you drive through NY city everyday, the tall buildings will cause the signal to fade. A big problem with removable top jeeps and XM is that it is hard to find a suitable place to mount the stupid antenna, I mounted many of them inside the vehicle on the rear deck (parcel tray) and in a couple jeeps, I put it on the rear wheel well. those people have not had any more or less of a problem with reception than the ones that are the roof.

I like XM and what it has too offer, I just don't see the point in paying for something I get for free! plus my local radio station is awesome!

www.waaf.com

Johnny

PAP FOR OCT MONTHLY RIDE

Snitty-im a musician too,what do you play?
im a guitar player first and foremost,but dabble on bass and drums also.
have a few improvisational tunes i did over backtrax i pre-scored a couple years ago here : www.mp3.com/morris1[url] just got c...to get music /instruments to kids in schools.

in the band, i play the big four stringer... but i write for guitar... i also record for a few local bands

I'm thinking about getting XM on Delphi too, maybe mounting it on my CB rack from www.cbrack.com. Let me know how it turns out. I hate local radio. They play the same songs over and over and over. Who wants to hear the same song twice an hour? And it plays the song to death until you don't like it any more. But I'm rambling...bottom line is, can't wait to get XM.

Thanks for the help jps4jeep I really had no idea where i was going to mount the antenna!

I received the Delphi Roady last night and was pretty pumped to get it installed!! I soon found that they did not send me the "Master Sheet" of how to take my cd player so that i can hook up the xm. After talking with tech support they told me that I would need a fm modulator which will cost me another $40! ! !

Anyways if I had a good radio station to listen to I would probably just send it back but unfortunatley I dont care much for CoUnTrY so I am going to order the fm modulator......

FM Mod. Is pretty easy to install, you simply unplug the anteea from the back of your radio and pug in the one they give you, then just plug your factory antenna into the bock that the cable they give you comes out of! I am assuming you have a TJ, radio is simple to pull out, remove the defrost vent (just pry it iff) and there will be two screws under it, remove the ash tray, and remove the screw from back there, and pull on the dash, should pul right off. The radio is held in place by two screws, to remove them it is either a 10mm or 3/8 socket (changes year to year) and WAA LAA!

thanks again jps4jeep, your instructions of how to remvoe the cd player will come in really handy!!
You dont by chance have an aftermarket system in your jeep do you?
When I bought my 03 sahara it came with the 7 speaker system but it still seems to be lacking. Do you have any recomendations??

again thanks for the help!

Back