what would you want from a jeep club

2000wrangler

Body mods (other than Jeeps)

i was thinking the other day (dangerous, usually when i think, it costs money :D ) there are no jeep clubs close to my area. i was thinking of starting one. what would you want from a jeep club. this idea is still getting rattled around in my empty head.

I chose the jeep club I am in for a few reasons. It was family oriented. I take my son who is 1 a lot. Everyone was very kind and made me feel welcome. They also are older and wiser so they don't go out and destroy trails. Safety is important. No drinking and wheeling. If you drink you keep it at camp. Very laid back not pressure. They are always ready to help.

I've been out with a few different clubs and there's a huge difference between some of them. Some are nothin but a bunch guys going out lookin to rip everything up. I've been out with another club that they claim is a 4 wheel drive club but they do nothing but scenic tours up logging roads, they didn't even use 4 wheel drive......boring! You should decide what kind of 4 wheelin you want to do and what others would want. Some clubs allow no drinking at all and others get pissed up before 4 wheelin. The clubs I've found most enjoyable are the laid back ones where there isn't a bunch of drunks rippin through everything although I see nothing wrong with a beer or two if you're away from civilization and don't over do it. A club that offers a variety of different kinds of trail runs seems to be best. If they decide they want to do a hardcore trail than the guys who didn't want to take their vehicles would usually just jump in with others.

2000Wrangler, where you located?

Here's an excerpt from from our club's bylaws and mission statement:
"We are a family oriented group of Jeepers that get together to enjoy the outdoors and camaraderie of being around other Jeep owners. We have access to some private land about an hour from St Louis and enjoy four-wheeling there and many other places within driving distance of St Louis. We believe and support "Tread Lightly", belong to the Illinois Four-Wheel Drive Association, and enjoy helping keep our national forests clean. "

My idea of a great local Jeep club would be: 1, good people to meet and wheel with. 2, Not to many rules that no one is going to follow anyway. 3, Pleanty of trail rides, food, and good times. 4, To not limit it to only jeeps as there are many other rides with great folk to ride with. tug

I know Jeep4jeeps, outerbeachyj, Lauraboston, 88wrangler and a few others have started and are doing a wonderful job on their Jeep club (New England Jeeps )I belive is the name. I recieve all the emails that go around the group and from what I see they have go this thing going pretty good maybe you can get some tips from them. When this all started outerbeachyj and I had started with flyers and has grown to decals, stickers and such. good luck with the club. And I hope NewEnglandJeeps dont mind my advise to ask the some questions. :wink:

Purple,
Take the Grand Cherokee, you will be surprised what that thing can do! We are looking forward to lots of great trail rides come spring time, for New Englan Jeepz. I know some of us are busy with modifications to the Jeeps over the winter! We definatly started something great here, thanks again...

The poor grand is going bye bye as soon as I can get my hands on a CJ. Thought I got a great deal but I guess not, its got a major oil leak, needs new tires the back bumper is faling off and pushing 170k. But i will definitly join you in the spring. I cant wait for it to get warm again and winters not even here yet. Our lawsuit is in the prosses of closing so the cj and a landrover are in the future, was also thinking of a quad to have fun with? yeah, nah?

Hey Purple, Keep the grand and make a trail buggy out of it!!! i saw a sweet trail GC this weekend it was a 94? the guy cropped the rear end, and then kept on cutting now he has a roll cage buggyon 37's, the thing is bad a$$. but do what you go to do.

i'll post pics later in the week.

purpleyjgirl said:
Thought I got a great deal but I guess not, its got a major oil leak, needs new tires the back bumper is faling off and pushing 170k.
If you want, I have tires and rims (factory size and factory rim) I will sell you for a real deal!
Where are you leaking oil from. probably an easy fix!

Not quite sure where the leak is coming from but hubby's going to check it out on saturday, im going thru like 2 quarts a day :? let me know about the tires I might put some on to sell it. thnx :wink:

Back