Proper use of your winch

That dude had too much time on his hands to compile all that info. It is a good thing he did cause we all need to learn that a winch, chain, hilift, strap or any of the items we use on the trail to get out of what we get into can and will hurt or kill you if they get so much as a chance to do so. Tug

That is one thing that most people do not put enough consideration into... I know i've done some stupid things as far as recovery, and i probably will find myself doing things the wrong way... but i always know enough to keep out of the way when the wrong way is the only way

32's on a 15x7 rim

His quote was from "The Rock" Nicolas Cage said it when pulling the first "chain of pearls" VX out of the Rocket and handed it to Sean Connery :-D

At least I got something out of the write up :-D

I am wondering now.

With a Bumper that has 2 Clevises (Shackles) Could I use 3 snatch blocks and a Tree saver to triple my pulling power or would that be dangerous.

Say I take a 4K winch, run the wire-rope to the first tree saver then back to a snatch block connected to the shackle of the bumper then back to another tree saver and snatch block then back to the second Clevis. This would put 3 pullys in the line and therefore tripple the pull of the winch.

OR

Would that just be Dangerous.

You could do it, put it'd take 3 times as long to move the same distance.

That is totally informative stuff fellas, thanks. Am considering a winch since someone posted it on another thread. But a little squeemish ever since I saw a 4x4 special where a guy got his fingers caught in the winch and went into shock. Kinda scary.

I saw that Ramsey competition, good show the first 4 times I saw it.

L33TJ33P, I agree, it's not something you want to rush. But when you're the only winch in the group, or half the group, quicker line pull equals effeciency and more enjoyment for everybody on the trail. You're talking 9fpm becoming 3fpm, that's slow. Not to mention the time it takes to rig all the extra snatch blocks.

:-D I don't usually have the Issue of having many Jeepz around. Most of my off roading is with One person or even no one else. I know I know Bad joojoo but HEY I gotta sling some mud somehow. TOOOOOO many PJs in Hotlanta.

You could take that same $125 you'd use for two snatch blocks and get a better/stronger winch.

Back