Off-Roading between Christmas & New Years

Special_K

I have a buddy (Todd) driving through the area between Christmas and New Years and we're planning on doing some off-roading. He's recommending somewhere in the North Carolina, Tennessee area and maybe as far north as Virginia/Kentucky.

Here's our very precise criteria: "Anywhere along the northern border of Georgia (or north of there) would be a good place for us to find a trail." Is that specific enough? :)

Here's the deal...I'd like something fun but not too rough...I don't have the stomach or time to deal with fixing my Jeep at this point. Last time Todd and I were off-roading (in California) we both inadvertently got serious "Arizona pinstripes" (i.e. we scratched the heck out of our Jeeps as we very stuff brush scraped against our vehicles). I had to have my Jeep professionally buffed to get 'em out and you could still see them a little.

Tug, I know this is your neck of the woods...got any recommendations? Anyone?

question about SUV's in general...........

So Tug, sounds like a good idea but where is here? I know you're in East Tennessee but where again? Where are the trails like?

-K

I live in Tennolina! Erwin Tennessee just down the road from Johnson City TN and the trails are what ever you want them to be. some real ez or mild and some real hard and wild. Nothing to extrem or crazy. You are going to see some great views of the mountains, get a little muddy, have alot of fun, and ride with folks you know from Jeepz.com. what more do you want! Where are you coming from? tug

I'm in Raleigh NC which is near the center of NC but closer to the coast. Pretty good trails out here. You could hit Tellico or Uwarie nat'l park but those are pretty hardcore places. But there are plenty of easy to moderate trails in these parts.

Special K, All ya gotta do is hook up with me :) There are some quick and easy Trails around Atlanta that I have been looking for someone to tackle with me and I also know how to get to Tug's :-D

Back