AWD Jeep bike

Ya, I knew it was only a matter of time too. Little pricey at $2999 :shock: Somebody told me they were able to test ride one at Camp Jeep last year.

How does the power transfer from the pedals to the front wheels? I saw the gears in the front tube but...I don't get it.

Looks sharp though.

A Fool and his money will be soon departed! hehehe Think of what could be done with three grand to make your Jeep a little more trail worthy! I just hope my kids dont see em and want one for Christmas. heheehehe tug :wink:

Looks like they've got a LOT of shafts that transfer power from the ring gear on the rear hub to the front ring gear. Look at the closeups of each hub ring gear and you'll see the shafts with the pinion type end coming out of the frame. I think there is a shaft above the shock under the seat also.

Looks like lotsa weight and a lot of moving parts. I'd hate to have to listen to those ring gears when sand and other muck gets in there.

Christini has been making these bikes for years.

http://www.christini.com/

Either Jeep is getting permission to use their design, or they just ripped off their idea and changed the necessary components so they wouldn't be violating any patent laws. Still very cool bikes though. I think the added components only add about 2 lbs. of weight. Last I heard, Christini couldn't get their weight below 29 lbs, which is about 2 lbs more than a decent Cannondale, but not unmanageable.

According to the FAQ:

CHRISTINI AWD has executed a license with Jeep bicycles for the rights to sell the AWD technology on bicycles. In the future, other manufacturers may also become licensees. CHRISTINI AWD also sells its own brand of AWD bicycles and intends to continue to sell its innovative bikes to establish and grow the market.

An all-wheel-drive, all-terrain bike?

Already been done.

The "Unicon" Edition.

image-missing.png

:mrgreen:

Gadget

LOL Gadget, I love the Unicon :lol: .

There is a guy that also rides one on the trails around here that I ride my 2 wheel bike on. It amazes me the places he can go on just one wheel.

jeepin916 bad sales experience!!!

hahahaha thats awsome i need one of those it would probably be really fun to ride in the mud hehe

Chuckle...

When my son was much younger, he had a friend that would show up at my house on a unicycle.

Of course, I just had to try riding the unicycle.

As I recall, it took less than 5-seconds to figure out that I should stick with multi-wheeled vehicles.

:lol:

Gadget

Back