rock slider angst

indiemo

so back in the beginning of november i ordered my warn rock sliders from quadratec. drove my jeep to my buddy's shop to have them installed, opened the box and found no mounting hardware. called quadratec that day, told them it was missing, they said they'd rush the order. so they call warn to claim it as a "warranty" issue. 4 weeks later the hardware finally arrives. so much for rushing the order. only now the spacers are missing and it looks like someone was using the package as a football because all of the black adonizing is scraped off of the allen bolts. :x so i call quadratec today and they tell me to call warn. i have yet to make that phone call but i'm freaking angry. i'm half tempted to go to lowes, buy a bunch of grade 8 bolts, fab some spacers, and call it a day.

Man that is not cool at all. That item is on my I want list. I am going to be ordering some other stuff from them soon. Sounds to me like they are just giving you the run around and that bites!

Good luck towards getting it all straight!

Lady

looks like i might be fabbing the spacers and buying those bolts afterall. called warn and they don't keep the spacers in stock. they'd have to fab them and it'd be at least another week before they even ship them. they guy at warn was pretty apologetic about the whole deal. i didn't even bring up the messed up bolts. he did give me dimensions for the spacers if i want to make them myself. lowes here i come!

Have you considered sending them back (at their expense) and getting some Sun Performance rockers, or maybe Poison Spyder Customs?

you don't get Spacers for the Spyder customs either. Ya gotta take off the body spacers and shave 3/16" off of the top of them

Ive been having problems with quadratech. Thier shipping is 3 times what other online vendors charge. Got a lower gasket set to fix sully's rear main and the rear main seal was missing. I paid $25 for the gaskets and $30 for the shipping, they said they would take care of it but I'm still waiting. Bought the part from pep boys and the CJ is runnig fine:) No thanks to qtech.

yeah, as for quadratec. got my ARB from there...long story, but anyways, one of the parts needed to be replaced, so i called and they said they'd send a replacement for it. waited for about a month or more, then decided to call ARB and told them that i told quadratec and they (ARB) said they never got the part order or anything, and within a few days, ARB sent out the part. so i'm not a fan of quadratec, though its not located too far, so i wouldn't have to pay shipping (that's the only upside, although seeing all the cool jeeps in their parking lot was nice)...also, anyone ever ask about the lowest price guarantee? called in about that, they said they'd get back to me...never did. :roll:

well there was some scrap tubing laying around work that just happened to be the perfect size. so I cut it to teh proper lengths and...voila!...instant spacers. this is the first problem i've had with quadratec so i'll probably order through them again and stick to my "three strikes and you're out" rule. hopefully the sliders will be on by the end of the week.

what to do

I have always heard good things about quadratec but I had problems with them too. I ordered a seat and it broke about a week later. They weren't really helpful to me on getting it returned. A new one showed up with a cut in the vinyl and the hardware was missing. They sent me a third seat and it showed up with a cut in the vinyl in the same place, only this one had a big black magic marker circle around the cut! Thanks for pointing it out for me! Then the seat was on backorder, so after waiting a couple months I finally had a seat with no holes in it. I don't know if it was their fault or their supplier's fault, but I haven't ordered anything from them since. There are plenty of Jeep places out there that I can do business with, and most of them seem very eager to help you.

Back