Tow strap + Sled = Snow Fun!

K-Phat

So after work tonight instead of hitting the trails like normal. A couple of friends and I went and bought a cheap (10 bones) sled at Food Lion and then went to one of the many local school parking lots, attached the sled to the Jeep via my tow rope and then I proceeded to drag the sled around the lot at speeds upward of 25 mph :lol: . All the while the snow was continueing to come flying down. In the hour or two we where out there at least two more inches accumulated. I even let one of my boys drive my TJ so I could go out on the sled. It was by far one of the funnest things I've done with my Jeep to date. It was like pulling a tube behind a power boat. Good times :wink:

When I was a kid (not that long ago) we would use K-Tel fun skiis tied to the back of a 4x4. Thats a rush like water skiing but much more painful when you fall. Boat tubes also work great and will scare the pants off your friends. Don't let the local PD see you on the road. Most don't understand this type of fun :D :D :D

Around here,since we dont get any snow.We get a few big card board boxes and cut them down or, leave them together.We either tow each other with the box flat like a racing go-kart or we pull each other in an enclosed box!It is one of the craziest things I have ever done.I stopped doing it when my friend thought it would be funny to fling me into a curb. :x I havent done it since.But your sleding behind the jeep in snow sounds awsome!

I was just telling laura in the chat room last nite about doing this same thing, only with a 4 wheeler and a pig feeder lid!!! its a blast!

Nathan

Hey K-phat, even thats fun, and ive known people whove done it, be careful! The police around here have busted people for that before. Plus ive seen a few times where the 4 wheeler will get stuck or stop abruptly and the sled is still going and winds up doing 25mph into the back of the thing. I dont mean to be a kill joy, as I said, more power too ya, wish I had the chance to do the same, just be careful

Pig feeder lid... Now thats something you don't hear everyday

Ragtopman said:
Don't let the local PD see you on the road. Most don't understand this type of fun :D :D :D

I know that all too well. Last night we had some college student fun with my jeep and some snowboards. Everybody except me got drunk, we hooked up the tow strap to my jeep and I towed people up the hill on our campus while they were on their snowboards. As I'm hooking someone up for the third run, the campus police come and issue me a $104 citation for "Unauthorized persons & devices hanging on vehicle". Then proceded to impound my tow strap as evidence. It was fun, but now im stuck with a $104 fine.

TARSI

me and my friends did that too last night and the cops didnt say anything, they just said to becarefull and have fun, its cool we went around the mall and in all the parking lots there, i wont let anyone drivemy jeep so i did the driving all night but i still had fun anyway hehe

Another thing we used to do.I went over to my friends house to hang out.And we got bored.So he whipped out his cr 125 and we took turns riding it around his neughborhood.After a few runs,that got boring.I saw something that looked like a shelf with wheels in a trash can,so I went over and pulled it out.I kicked the walls off the shelf and the 4 wheel steering skateboard was born.Then,since I am the stupid one of the group.I got another bright idea.Instead of using man power to move around on this board,hows about I grab some rope and we tie it to the back of my friends 125.Ok,then I hop on and away we got.Man!This thing was great what a rush!We were hitting coldassacks and I was whipping around em'.Then I let go of the rope and was whipped into someones driveway and I put a big dent in their garage door.Oops,that was the end of our fun.Ran home only to find I have a big bruise on my back.it was worth it though.Next time we are going to the top of a parking garage to do this.It will be awsome!

Hey Man, I just graduated school, you gotta realize something about school cops, (this coming from a criminal justice major) if youre doing something out of your room, theyll get ya, theyve got nothing better to do!

Oh man, we did that in our younger days with a two wheel drive mustang, ski rope, ski goggles and one of those round snow discs. Talk about fun! We had one friend (i think theres one of these in every crowd) that we could get to do anything. Once we built a bike ramp and told him that it will collapse when he hits and he said "cool". Well anyway, he was on the sled and kept saying faster faster and we got him up to about 50mph for a second or two and he had this huge grin and a face covered in snow. :lol:

What a blast.

I was just telling laura in the chat room last nite about doing this same thing, only with a 4 wheeler and a pig feeder lid!!! its a blast!

Pig Feader lid! I have never heard of such a thing! I think that is wicked funny!

Either way it sounds wicked fun...the cops around here would be all over ya..unless you're on your own land, I guess.

CJ wiring harness

sounds like fun, but i heard on the radio today of a similar stunt, only with a snowmobile. dont be discouraged, but the passenger in the sled got stopped by a telephone pole...no he didnt make it. but that was his choice. use caution and have fun.

Back