Remember The Reason for the Season!

Tug-n-pull

Christmas is all a bussel with the partys and places to be and the time is spread like to little butter over to much bread. Some thrive on this others just shut down. Some have the means to make it a joyious time others have to give up needs to make it happen.

Martha Stewart may be able to find the time to make little paper shoes for her Christmas Goose and still get it all done but not me! For the last two days I have been working with a local charity called Care and Share.

What we do is take donated money and food gifts and use the money to buy other needed items to make up boxes for the folks who just would not have enought this season. 275 familys will recieve a majory amount of food staples and even snack items for Christmas.

I will get to be Santa for several other happening at churchs and even for the local law enforcement Christmas banquet. Will be giving toys to the local tots as the familys come to get their food boxes and I love this part.

What I am drivening at if you are in a safe place in your world this year and not struggling to make ends meet. If you have a tree and gifts to give and recieve, don't forget to count your blessings.

Pass just a little of all the great things in your life to the people that will not have it so good. Remember there are folks with out any place to sleep, to little to eat, and no jeep to fix on a regular basis.

The fact that we are able to go to this board means we at least have a computer to use and if you have that much you are doing pretty well. The lights of the season and the music are all to common place and the spirit of giving is all to often out of guilt. Willingness to go out and max a credit card to buy for folks that do not need anything to start with and most likely will never use what you give is just way supported by todays media.

I know I am on a soap box here but it so hard to look into the eyes of a 20 year old single mom of 2 under the age of 5 that is one day from haveing her electricity turned off. Or to hear a frail voice over the phone of a 84 year old lady asking for a small amount of food for her to make her guest at Christmas a dinner.

It is out there and it is ez to turn a blind eye to it all and go about the day as if you just do not know. But you all know and I am sure many of you do your part but for me my part is never big enough. We can all do more that we do.

What all of this is leading up to is as a Jeeper I ask you as a Jeeper to take that Jeep of yours and go out find at least one person to help out that you either know or don't know at all. If you can take them some food or even a small gift. A warm hug and a good wish to a child or old person cost nothing and is a wonerful thing. A quick trip to the wal mart can make a great difference for a mom or dad that can not afford a gift for their child.

Remember the reason for the season and make this the best Christmas ever for you and someone that needs a little help of some kind. Remember our soliders all over the world that will be fighting for our safty this holiday. Remember the folks in jail and prison and thier familys. Happy holidays and may God bless you again and again. From me and mine Tug aka Danny

Thanks Santa Tug!!

My club had our christmas party last night. We got about $90 for toys for tots-we had a Marine on hand to do a pushup for every dollar raised- and raised about $150 for another local charity. We didn't have nearly as many people show as I though would but everylittle bit helps.

Tug, that was awesome. And what your doing is great! I work in an area in which the homeless frequent. Instead of giving money, I put together these little bags. They usually include things like, a pair of warm socks, a toothbrush with toothpaste, some granola bars or other food items, etc.. You can pick up several everyday items we take for granted at somewhere like Wal-Mart in the "sample" section, and it won't cost you much.
I always try to keep a couple in the back of my jeep, especially this time of year, since it's so cold. Just another way to use the jeep for something good :D

The less fortunate are a group of our bothers and sisters in need of our help. Compassion is best served in quantities too large. It is better to err on the side of compassion. The more I learn of all of you the more I am proud to call you all "friends".

Tug,

Wonderful words, as everyone says. We can never be reminded enough of the "Reason for the Season" as some put it. I always try to remember needy people year round, whether it is thier needs or wants, or just how I interact with them. Some people are so harsh and uncaring.

I'm very compassionate, (Except the instance tonight where I cussed the guy that pulled so close to my JEEP that I had to melt myself and slither through the radiator vents to get out (while he watched, no less)) so see everyone needs reminders sometimes. lol

Anyways, I hope you have a fantastic holiday season spent with family and friends! I wish that for everyone on Jeepz.

Lady

Thats great tug. :) Keep it up all of you.I need to find something to do.

Back