Soft tops...

Jeep#3

I need to get a new soft top. Any suggestions for the following:

1. Where to shop for one.

2. What is the best brand?

3. What is the worst?

4. Is there anywhere I can shop for a used one?

Thanks people!!!

Jeep#3[addsig]

I found the best deal on one for my 97 TJ at www.thinkjeep.com. I got the Bestop supertop. I'm thinking I should have gotten the sailcloth replace-a-top, but to late now. The supertop replaces all you factory hardware with their stuff. The replace-a-top uses your factory hardware. THe factory hardware is much easier to put up and down compared to the supertop.Whatever you do.... don't get a steelhorse top. They don't fit right and fall apart in a short time. If you are looking for used, try E-Bay.[addsig]

What about the California Top tops? The framless one... the frame type???

What about the Bestop Sunrider?

Thanks for the feedback! It is all helpful!

Jeep#3[addsig]

I''ve never hed any experience with the Califrnia tops. I have heard that the sunriders are nice, but tend to leak.[addsig]

I replaced my top with a Pavement Ends. It's pretty much the cheapest priced one around and holds up good. Mine was a little loose when I put it on, but after about a week or two in the hot Texas heat/sun, it's pretty taut now. So far, no tears, leaks. The noise level is about the same as what I had for my factory top so I can't really tell you if it'll help out with that. It used the original factory hardware and came with doorskins to replace the old ones. Although I ordered mine through an accessories store here, I've found that 4WD or Quadratec has about the best prices in the catalogs. I wouldn't buy it from a dealer though cause they'd screw you to the wall!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back