Soundbar Dome Light

Howdy,

I know, stupid question. I've installed my aftermarket soundbar into my TJ. I did not use the factory harness under the dash because I have an aftermarket CD player. I just ran the wires from the head unit under the dash/carpet and up to the soundbar.

Now my question is, how do I install the dome light? I believe I see the factory harness under my dash, but where do the two wires for the light actually go into?

I suppose I have many options, and could hook it up my own way, but I would just like to hear which way is the best option to go for.

Thanks!

-Rob

there will be no wires in the stereo harness for any kind of lights. You will need to wire to the interior lighting system or better yet add a switch and straight wire the dome. tug

You need to take the +(pos) wire from the dome light and put it to a 12 +volt source under the dash. The - (neg) wire will get attached to the door trigger (door pin switch) if you take the speaker grill off, Might make accessability easier!

OK, stupid question again. I hooked up my light to a 12 volt source, and I know its getting the power, but the light is not going on.

I can assume that the soundbar was not sent with lights or they were damaged or whatnot. How do you replace or get out a bulb out of the bar? I havent really taken a look, and its rather dark out right now.

Thanks guys.

-Rob

Back