Howdy,

I know, stupid question. I've installed my aftermarket soundbar into my TJ. I did not use the factory harness under the dash because I have an aftermarket CD player. I just ran the wires from the head unit under the dash/carpet and up to the soundbar.

Now my question is, how do I install the dome light? I believe I see the factory harness under my dash, but where do the two wires for the light actually go into?

I suppose I have many options, and could hook it up my own way, but I would just like to hear which way is the best option to go for.

Thanks!

-Rob

Tug-n-pull is offline Senior Member
    there will be no wires in the stereo harness for any kind of lights. You will need to wire to the interior lighting system or better yet add a switch and straight wire the dome. tug

jps4jeep is offline Moderator
    You need to take the +(pos) wire from the dome light and put it to a 12 +volt source under the dash. The - (neg) wire will get attached to the door trigger (door pin switch) if you take the speaker grill off, Might make accessability easier!
    It used to be a jeep Thing,
    But all that stuff broke

-Johnny-

OK, stupid question again. I hooked up my light to a 12 volt source, and I know its getting the power, but the light is not going on.

I can assume that the soundbar was not sent with lights or they were damaged or whatnot. How do you replace or get out a bulb out of the bar? I havent really taken a look, and its rather dark out right now.

Thanks guys.

-Rob