What does everyone do for a living?

ZBTstang

I figured we all know each other so well, and we all share a common bond as jeepers on this forum, and for that reason id like to hear what everyone does for a living, their profession, their job, or whatever you want to call it. Figured hey, we may even be able to use the jeep bond as a network.....

Me myself im a recent semi college grad (one class left to finish up) and im about to become an armed guard at a local submarine building plant. Im also a freemason...just throwing it out there if anyone else on the board may be.

Got it figured out

carpenter, mason, roofer, carpet/tilesetter, and part-time mechanic

Im a cerified drinking buddie. :D Im stayin as long as your buyin.

but money am a Police Officer also recentley went back to school for my MBA. I put up with far to much crap for far to little money

I work part-time in construction, full time as a college student and a 24/7 partier (that comes with the college student part)

I work for U.S. Steel (for now) since bush lifted the tarrifs on foreign steel a couple weeks ago theyre saying they are gonna lay 3000 ppl off at fairfield works (where i work) sux to lose a job you've been working for the past 8 yrs but $hit happens i guess

Aircraft Mechanic. A&P and Inspection Authorization. Basically, I fix helicopters for food.....and Jeep stuff.

(On my way to becoming a Mason also)

Electrician/Project Manager...I oversee crews working on jobsitesfor an electrical contractor, and add my engineering input, and basic knowledge to assist the project.

Rob 8) :p :)

university student. my summer job is as a forester and throughout the rest of the year i work at my local CO-OP. i have no clue as to what i will be doing for a career when i am done school! :lol:

FULL TIME HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT FOR ONE MORE SEMESTER.......part time LINE-X employee(best in the industy) lots a cool stuff sprayed for my JEEPS

I'm an engineer for disposable medical devices, like IV sets. It's about as exciting as it sounds!

was at IBM for 5 years or so as a network engineer but that industry went south...so I joined up with my family business-grandfather runs a home inspection biz for buyers to see what they are getting into,worked in that field back in high school and a couple years after,and now dabble in it part time taking care of overflow inspections when my dad and brother(the main inspectors now) are booked up.
my main gig is with my sister,she runs a branch of one of the largest mortgage brokers in the world(carteret mortgage) and she talked me into this biz about a year ago. going for my brokers license in 2004.
best thing about it is i get to work from HOME :) and its quite flexible to take care of inspections when necessary...strange working for my little sis,but she is incredible at her job and alot of money to be made as a broker....not to mention i get to help people get into a house,which is rewarding in its own right. ( we are licensed in all 50 states,always willing to cut a better deal for my Jeep friends)

i also make a little...and i stress little jack in the music biz,done some studio work (i play guitar) for local bands. played on a couple tribute cd's to my fav guitar players(george lynch and steve vai) and had alot of my music available(typically indulgent instrumentals) on mp3.com until c-net bought it and took it down a couple weeks ago...probably going to build my own site and just host it there now. well enough rambling,that about describes it lol

What to do next.

:D Cool Thread!

I am in manufacturing management. I coordinate continuous improvement and safety for a plant with about 50 people employed. We manufacture custom color concentrates for plastics, etc. I have been there eight years and this is my fifth position. I suppose you could say I'm adaptable. :wink:

Part time, I work for the local county library at a remote library location (in the local mall) lol and I teach adult beginner computer classes and maintain an open lab on the weekends. Oh ya, I'm backup IT at the plant too.

So, thats my work life in a nutshell. Look forward to seeing everyone elses!

Lady 8)

Professional Student baby! Well for now. Just finishing up my Ph.D. in geology here at the University of Southern California (and yes we did get screwed by the BCS, but I'm goin' to the Rose Bowl anyhow!). So hopefully I'll get a professorship for September. The YJ is a great research vehicle! It rocks...sorry couldn't resist.

Cheers,
Geoff

Retired from gainful employment.

Now a village-neighborhood-household and Jeep BB pest.

:mrgreen:

Gadget

I am a Texas Licensed Irrigator. Working on getting an Electrician's license... I do Irrigation system design/repair, Computer repair, and Electrical work part-time and not neccesarily in that order. I'm also my own mechanic :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

re

I am an Auctioneer. Personal property, House hold items, Antiques and Collectibles. Less and less of the Antiques and collectibles as the money tightens more and more and people have less and less despoiseable cash to invest in such stuff.

My main area of knowledge is in American Furniture and Primitives. But I am also a pretty good judge of modern and mid century modern items. I am also into American China pottery and glass. The only good thing about my business is it is never boreing. tug

high school senior...that is it. plan to go to college and dadada.

Back