my latest purchase! (dingus is BACK) (carb help?)

dingus

well i managed to get back onto the jeep bandwagon AGAIN... i found an '85 cherokee 2dr 2.5 liter (4 cylinder) with 87,000 miles yesterday for $100. black, slight body rust... nothing too terrible. leaks engine oil (probably rear main) and the rear diff leaks too...) it's currently inspected thru 4/04, as well as emissions... it has YJ wheels on it with some bigger-than-stock tires as well, i'm totally stoked! it almost turned over when i looked at it; and it continued to turn over after it didn't start up...

i have a feeling its just the Carburetor needs to be cleaned out... anyone have any thoughts on how i'd go about fixing that? or a suggestion for a CHEAP rebuilt unit? i'm totally new to this whole Carburetor-gig...

-nate

glad to hear you got a jeep again dingus! try shotting some carb cleaner in her to see if she'll start.

Re: Whats up with my alternator

"DINGUS" , "DINGUS" , "DINGUS" , "DINGUS" !
Welcome back to the club (that you never left) :)

its good to have you back as a fellow owner... please tell me it is 4wd.... i had a friend with one just like that... and it was only halfwheel drive

ragtopman - those are for the 4.2 liter inline 6 cylinder (258 CI) motors...

mine's a 2.5 liter inline 4 cylinder (150 CI)...

Why dont you just take it out, rebuild it ,and put it back in. Its a good learning experience and cheaper im assuming. I rebuilt one carb in my life and that was on my DR350 and that was pretty easy.

Don't feel bad, this is my latest toy (sort of)
image-missing.png

Not bad for $200

Back