Who's the "Durabak" Guy again???

BakedAlaskan

Hey I was all set to get some Hurculiner and you mentioned durabak. Honestly a product I had never heard of before. So I went to the web site and Holy Cow!!! The same or better, cheaper, and offered in a ton of colors, and some smooth coats to boot!! AWESOME!!!!

The question is this. Can I get custom colors? I have my Jeep Flat Olive Drab, and the two greens offered don't quite match and are glossy. Is there any hope they will offer a camo set of colors? IE: Duck hunting boats, My Jeep, Fourwheeler racks, and the list is endless for "flat" camo color options. I would love to finish my interior, undercarriage, in Black and olive drab. And I going to use one of these products and would rather not just use all gloss black. I can't fathom sitting in the 95 degree direct sun at the light in my full gloss black tub. (Nor my boat that needs a better floor covering.)

Thanks, Keith

Another one that you can use, that I have had good luck with, is hippo liner. It is made by Dominion sure seal. If you use color my hippo, you can tint it by a paint code. You can it at most PPG paint stores and they can mix the paint tint for you that you want.

Stay away from that durabak crap. Trust me, it is crap. It will not hold up nearly as well as herculiner or for that matter, anything is better than Durabak.

The Bondo Brand is very good and durable. It comes in a 1 gallon bucket with a catalyzed hardener that you mix in. You can even add sand to it for more abrasion quality. I'm not sure about tinting it. It's gloss black. I have had it for about 8 months and it still looks new.
Advance Auto had it for $60. It is a lot better tan the Herculiner I had before.

Thanks for the replies. I figured out the guy I was thinking of was a
line-X rep, not durabak. I have used Hurculiner and loved it. But I am trying very hard to not use black. I will need some on certain stuff but not the entire floor of my tub. That would just be insanely hot. I guess I will call around to the paint shops and see what they offer as far as tintable liners. I really want to stick with the flat olive drab and black color scheme.

Back