The carnage at carnage

Mxpx182lit

so today i went wheeling with a XJ and a stock Tacoma. Very icy trail on a frozen river bed. It was really fun except i broke my front axle shaft, a u joint, and a transmission fluid line, my friends xj bent a control arm and blew a tire, and the tacoma... nothinh. Ford 9 inch here i come!

Mxpx182lit said:
so today i went wheeling with a XJ and a stock Tacoma. Very icy trail on a frozen river bed. It was really fun except i broke my front axle shaft, a u joint, and a transmission fluid line, my friends xj bent a control arm and blew a tire, and the tacoma... nothinh. Ford 9 inch here i come!

Exactly. Ford 9, or dana 44. Amazing how them Japanese Manufacturers can make a pretty sturdy truck. Or did they swap axels?

I've actually been pretty impressed with those Tacomas.

how that so i just ordered a spicer u joint and a warn hardened alloy axle shaft, what do ya think of my choice?

oh i've taken a tacoma down..... it was a loaner truck to a friend.. he got drunk, wanted to go offroading, and wanted me to drive.... smoked the clutch and the locker, and we had some clickies up front.. i'm guessing it had to do with an axle shaft... under the assumtion that it was his, and didn't care about it, i later found out it was a loaner... on which someone else already put a downpayment on to buy....

Snitty said:
oh i've taken a tacoma down..... it was a loaner truck to a friend.. he got drunk, wanted to go offroading, and wanted me to drive.... smoked the clutch and the locker, and we had some clickies up front.. i'm guessing it had to do with an axle shaft... under the assumtion that it was his, and didn't care about it, i later found out it was a loaner... on which someone else already put a downpayment on to buy....

Yeah, but I've taken a couple of Jeeps down. :wink:

the crazy thing is the stock tacoma with IFS help up completley where an XJ with 4 inch lift and 31's and a locked TJ with 7 inch lift and 33's both broke.

Back