...Just a thought...

Saurian

You know what is a really sad sound? A Jeep that is trying to start, but cannot... I man, I have listened to many engines trying to crank, Fords, GMs, even other Chryslers, but I swear, when a Jeep cannot turn over, it is just really sad. Kinda makes you feel sorry for it...

Just a thought.

You know what, my jeep is having trouble starting, the starter will only crank over for 1 second.And you know old cj's need throttle and a few cranks before they start.I got lucky today and just floored it and she fired right up.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is an excellent sound when they start back up, none better in the world, but the time when they will not, ouch...

I got that too

Mine sounds terrible whenI start it. The dust cover is missing from the atuto transmission, which doesn't hurt anything, but makes the starter extremely loud. Sounds good when it fires though.
BTW. All you carb guys...the GM fuel injection fires about the second time the engine rolls over and never misses a lick even in the cold weather. It's kind of nice not pumping the gas pedal and hoping the choke works. Maybe some day they will drop the kit prices and the rest of you can join me on the dark side.

never. i love my carb (it's not the carter) and i'm never giving it up.
except when i convert to lp, but it'll still be carb'ed.

skyjeeper said:
never. i love my carb (it's not the carter) and i'm never giving it up.
except when i convert to lp, but it'll still be carb'ed.

Yeah, I hate technology too. Digital cameras, computers, them new fangled TV's and them crazy cordless telephones you can use all over town... cell phones I think they're called. JK JK JK :lol: hehehehee

Back