Wrangler or Rubicon???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tims06wrangler

I was just wondering what all the differences are between the wrangler and the rubicon. I know the rubicon has better axels and locker and a better transmission, but what else? Everyone says the rubicon is better so whats the difference?

Youve pretty much summed it up yourself. The Rubicon has a slip yoke eliminator from the factory. Actually, I think it may be a different transfer case. Also, it has wider fender flares.

Crawl ratio: Rubicon models-73.1 , Sahara and X models-38.9. Electronic sway bar disconnects but also could be ordered with the Sahara and X models. T.case ;NV 241Gll command trac,2.72:1 low gear ratio on all 4X4 models exept Rubicon. NV241 or Rock-Trac ,4.0:1 low gear ratio is standard on the Rubicon. (Based on the 09 models).

When you ask this question, jeepers will quote specs. Me, I have something different to say but remember, it's only an opinion! Almost everyone I see, buys a wrangler and modifies it to be a Rubicon or beyond. The Rubicon, straight from the factory will be an awesome driving machine. Another thing I noticed...on jeep runs....lesser Wrangler will fight the trail harder to get over obstacles where a Rubicon just walks over it.
Another thing I notice about offroaders, they may start out in any vehicle but when the money is right, they usually buy a jeep. Alot of people in my jeep club do that. In the NW, alot of Asians are loyal to Toyota.

Almost every time we go wheeling we see a lot of LC's and Sammy's being wheeled by predominately Asian drivers. They build some pretty flexy Sammys for sure!

OPINION . . . Jeep is the ultimate 4X4 and the Rubicon is the ultimate Jeep.

:)twisted:save flat fenders:twisted:)

I don't know about ya'll but everytime i go off-roading i never touch the 4wd, always in 2wd, i mean you gotta spin the tires a little(this is probabl6y WAY off topic)

If you're keeping it stock, get a Rubicon. If you're going to modify everything...including axles, big tires, etc, you might as well start off with a wrangler.

If you're keeping it stock, get a Rubicon. If you're going to modify everything...including axles, big tires, etc, you might as well start off with a wrangler.
Amen to that.
I do get a laugh at the title of this thread. "Wrangler or Rubicon?" A Rubicon IS a Wrangler.:deadhorse:

Last edited:
I don't know about ya'll but everytime i go off-roading i never touch the 4wd, always in 2wd, i mean you gotta spin the tires a little(this is probabl6y WAY off topic)

You're doing it wrong:p Come on up to Tennessee I'll put you on some trails that'll make you wish you had 8wd

You're doing it wrong:p Come on up to Tennessee I'll put you on some trails that'll make you wish you had 8wd
I go through DEEP stuff in 2wd but i just gun it:p 4wd is when i climb stuff, i think thats more fun.

Your just 3 hours away..... i might come look at that there trails one day lol

You took it out of context. You don't live in the NW. So, you're Asian and live in Texas with your Honda...yet drive a jeep?
Out of context?, I am half Asian and yes i live in the great state of Texas and Yes i drive my Jeep everyday with my hunting rifle and shotgun racked up on the gun rack, and NO i don't drive a Honda although i prefer it over the Toyota.:D Just checking to see where this was headed to.

Last edited:
In the NW, alot of Asians are loyal to Toyota.

As usual your posts are arrogant and most often meaningless ramblings of useless B.S. and I was basically ready to "skip it" and be sad that I lost 2 seconds of my life I can never get back reading it -- until I read the last statement as quoted above. You may "think" you are superior to anyone who doesn't drive an almighty Rubicon. You want so much to be the "envy" of everyone here who doesn't have a Rubicon. I hate to rain on your parade, but there's some pretty bad ass CJs and YJs here that make mine and your Rubi look like dog meat so you need to get over yourself and the Rubicon thing altogether. The comment about someone's nationality and what they are loyal to did not need to be said. Did it ever occur to you that someone on this forum might be Asian and might get offended by that? Someone's nationality has NOTHING to do with what they drive or what they might prefer.

I happen to be part Cherokee Indian and I am loyal to Jeeps, not spotted horses.8)

After reading these posts, I have Rubicon envy. NOT! Im happy to build my Wrangler the way I want it.

I would like to have a RUBI but only need one project that I need to finish. Maybe It's me that wold like to be rubbed?.... UM oh well.... On with the show. LOL

Well I see that there are many views out there. Well I am happy with my wrangler. I just wanted to see what all the hype about the rubicon was. I also have to say that i have seen alot of other jeeps that look and out perform Rubicons. I will just build my wrangler. Thank everyone.

My best friend has a Rubicon and through him almost every trip I go out on has at least 4-5 Rubi's. When I first started riding with them I'd have to poke and prod them up a trail saying "I'll take my open front and rear daily driven YJ up if if you'll take your Rubi." Now I have a great time keeping up with them as it challenges me as a driver. Being comfortable in the seat and knowing your rig beats a list of mods 9 out of 10 times in my experience. Also coming from a YJ owner who works on a Rubicon all the time(and drives it some of the time) it would be the perfect platform for me to build off of if I wasn't a poor college student. The axles can handle 33-35in tires and are already locked, the transfer case is geared nicely, some armor and they're perfectly set up for the local wheeling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back