Jeep Wave Survey:

Joshua76

Just a little research, regardless of what model(as long as it's a Wrangler), who waves at other Jeepers, and what's your age?

I wave at every Jeep I see, no matter the model. I also wave at other off road vehicles (lifted Toyota's and the like), and I usually get waves back from most of the Wranglers, unless it's a mall crawler, of course. I'm 22.

I get about 50% return waves when I'm driving my TJ...It seems the older the Jeep the more chance the driver will wave back...CJs & YJs are pretty consistant...TJs not quite as many wave backs but still a decent percentage...JKs..don't bet on it. I'm 52 & been Jeepin since 1984 and I ALWAYS wave to other CJs,YJs,TJs & JKs.

I wave at all jeeps. I drive a YJ and many times the waves are coming at me faster than my eyes can pick them up.
I'm 54

TLCJ5 said:
I get about 50% return waves when I'm driving my TJ...It seems the older the Jeep the more chance the driver will wave back...CJs & YJs are pretty consistant...TJs not quite as many wave backs but still a decent percentage...JKs..don't bet on it. I'm 52 & been Jeepin since 1984 and I ALWAYS wave to other CJs,YJs,TJs & JKs.

+1
The older the jeep the higher chances of response. I try to wave back but sometimes either situation doesn't allow or I see them too late but in any case try to do my best (even JK's :) )

I wave at everything from Willys to JKs. Some wave, some don't, and some stare with a, 'do I know you?' on their face. Lol. I don't mind either way. I'm following a tradition and even one wave a day makes the small gesture rewarding. I'm 34 and have been jeeping since '06.

I haven't waved in about a year but when I owned a TJ I always waved I'm 21

I wave at all Wranglers, Willys, and other Jeep models especially if they've been modified. I've noticed that I stand a snowball's chance in hell getting a wave back from a stock JKU. Then again, I've been obviously snubbed by older Wranglers. As TRRN said, a wave a day keeps me happy.

I'm 44 physically, 20 mentally and have been Jeeping for 23 years.

^ ha, My dad bought a cj in 82 and the salesman DID tell him about the jeep wave as he was getting ready to take it home. I agree it should be part of the purchase

I wave at all the wranglers, but some people in michigan aren't that friendly specially the people that drive newer jeeps

Back