Jeep Wave Survey:

Just a little research, regardless of what model(as long as it's a Wrangler), who waves at other Jeepers, and what's your age?

Re: Jeep Wave Survey:

I wave at every Jeep I see, no matter the model. I also wave at other off road vehicles (lifted Toyota's and the like), and I usually get waves back from most of the Wranglers, unless it's a mall crawler, of course. I'm 22.

I get about 50% return waves when I'm driving my TJ...It seems the older the Jeep the more chance the driver will wave back...CJs & YJs are pretty consistant...TJs not quite as many wave backs but still a decent percentage...JKs..don't bet on it. I'm 52 & been Jeepin since 1984 and I ALWAYS wave to other CJs,YJs,TJs & JKs.
    Tom Landvogt
    1978 CJ5(my toy)
    2001 Cherokee Sport(winter daily driver)
    2002 Dodge Dakota(summer daily driver)
    2017 Ford Escape(wifes' driver)

I wave at all jeeps. I drive a YJ and many times the waves are coming at me faster than my eyes can pick them up.
    I'm 54

Iwave Iam 54 and i all so drive a yj and a yj

i wave. bout mainly the older jeeps wave back. im 21

Quote Originally Posted by TLCJ5
    I get about 50% return waves when I'm driving my TJ...It seems the older the Jeep the more chance the driver will wave back...CJs & YJs are pretty consistant...TJs not quite as many wave backs but still a decent percentage...JKs..don't bet on it. I'm 52 & been Jeepin since 1984 and I ALWAYS wave to other CJs,YJs,TJs & JKs.
    +1
    The older the jeep the higher chances of response. I try to wave back but sometimes either situation doesn't allow or I see them too late but in any case try to do my best (even JK's :) )

8. Quote Originally Posted by josue estrada View Post
    i wave. bout mainly the older jeeps wave back. im 21
    I wave at all WRANGLERS..........I drive a 94 Yj and live near Rock Island......

I agree with what's posted above, the older the Jeep the more likely the wave.

I wave at everything from Willys to JKs. Some wave, some don't, and some stare with a, 'do I know you?' on their face. Lol. I don't mind either way. I'm following a tradition and even one wave a day makes the small gesture rewarding. I'm 34 and have been jeeping since '06.

11. I haven't waved in about a year but when I owned a TJ I always waved I'm 21

I wave at all Wranglers, Willys, and other Jeep models especially if they've been modified. I've noticed that I stand a snowball's chance in hell getting a wave back from a stock JKU. Then again, I've been obviously snubbed by older Wranglers. As TRRN said, a wave a day keeps me happy.

I'm 44 physically, 20 mentally and have been Jeeping for 23 years.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.

The wave should be incorporated into the purchasing agreement

^ ha, My dad bought a cj in 82 and the salesman DID tell him about the jeep wave as he was getting ready to take it home. I agree it should be part of the purchase

I wave at all the wranglers, but some people in michigan aren't that friendly specially the people that drive newer jeeps